Happy Wednesday everyone! Hopefully you got a chance to check out the quote from yesterday’s post – I actually met with my girl Jen last night for dinner & we discussed that quote in detail. We both agreed that we are usually our own worst enemies & how much power our thoughts truly have on us. It was so nice to see her and catch up – we both needed it! I will be posting more about that soon but today I wanted to share with you a NEW RECIPE that I’ve been loving lately!!
Like I’ve discussed [here] I’ve really made an effort to up my carb intake for my own personal needs (don’t fear the carbs-find what works for YOU) and I find myself craving quesadillas! YUM.
My Whole Foods sells 2 different types that I like, Engine 2 Brown Rice Tortillas –
And also Food For Life Tortillas
Both of these hold up well either un-heated or crisped up on the stove!
The other day I came home & was starving so I sautéed some onions, peppers, & spinach in garlic & coconut oil, tossed in 2 eggs (my digestion has been a fan of eggs lately so I’m slowly increasing them back into my diet because I chose to & enjoy them), & also added some black beans to made an amazing filling for my quesadilla!
not that pretty but OH SO good.
I spread some avocado on each tortilla & a sprinkle of nooch, then put one in a pan on medium heat, put the filling on top, & topped the filling with my other tortilla spread with the avocado. Once one side was done cooking, I flipped the quesadilla over to brown the other side. DELISH!
Served with one of my favorite salsa’s – Mango Peach Salsa from Wal Mart.
Yesterday I came home from a great workout similar to [this one] & opened the fridge to pull out all of the foods I was in the mood for. I had some sweet potatoes already prepped & had left over Caveman Bob’s on the fridge door which instantly made me crave BBQ! I’ve said before, I was never really a BBQ fan until I met Caveman Bob
- 1 Tortilla Of Choice
- 1/2 of a large sweet potato
- (roasted at 400 for about an hour)
- Mine was already prepped in the fridge waiting for me.
- A few handfuls of each (whatever you have on hand and enjoy!)
- Red Pepper
- Red Onion
- Yellow Squash
- 1/4 Cup Hummus
- Optional: (mixed with 1 tsp spirulina for some added greens)
- I get mine & the nutritional yeast on iHerb.com with coupon code XUG228 for first time users!
- Spoonful of Caveman Bob’s BBQ Sauce
- (found at a local health food store)
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
- 1 tsp of minced garlic
- Olives for topping
- Sauté red onion, red pepper, spinach, & broccoli in some minced garlic & 1 tsp coconut oil until browned.
- While that cooks, crisp your tortilla by laying it into a pan on medium heat until browned & then flip until browned on the other side.
- While those two things cook, mix your hummus of choice with your optional 1 tsp of spirulina.
- Once the tortilla is browned, spread with hummus mix & BBQ Sauce.
- Top with sautéed veggies, sweet potatoes, & olives.
- Cut into 4 pieces & EAT UP!
Want to know a funny side note? Literally 2 seconds after I snapped this picture, I went to pick up my plate & the tortilla went sliding off & landed face down on the kitchen table. I laughed & growled out loud at the same time, ha! I then proceeded to get a spatula, scoop it up, & re-plate it so I could eat it up. I trust the cleanliness of my kitchen table so it’s all good Just goes to show we’re all human, right!?
Hope you try it out & enjoy!
What’s your favorite thing to make with a tortilla?