Coconut Flour CHIA JAM
filled POWER MUFFINS
Start by making your CHIA JAM either the day before
or a few hours before muffin prep:
You can check out my how to make CHIA JAM video here!
Strawberry CHIA JAM
(make this ahead of time so it has a chance to gel)
1) Put 1.5 cups of frozen or fresh strawberries in the microwave for 2 minutes.
2) Remove strawberries & add them to a blender (I used a magic bullet)
CAUTION: THEY WILL BE HOT
3) Pour the blended strawberries back into the bowl
4) Add 1/4 cup chia seeds.
3/4 Cup Coconut Flour
1/4 cup of Protein Powder (I used vanilla Sunwarrior)
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Cup Unsweet Applesauce
1 Cup Unsweet Almond/Coconut Milk blend
(any milk of choice)
3 Egg Whites
2 Whole Eggs
2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
20ish Drops of Liquid Stevia
(you can add 1/2 cup dry sweetener
or 3 TB of sweetener of choice or a mashed banana)
**For Chocolate batter, add in 2 TB Dark Cocoa Powder
with 1/4 cup added liquid!
2) Line a cupcake pan with liners & fill the bottom with batter,
use a spoon to narrow out an opening in the middle
& spread the batter up the sides of the liner!
3) Take your CHIA JAM
add about a Tablespoon or so into the middle.
4) Take another spoonful of the remaining batter to cover the chia jam entirely
& smooth over the top with the back of the spoon!
This recipe made 11 muffins!
I was having one of these POWER MUFFINS
with my post workout shake after the gym!!
Great way to refuel after a work out!
Hope you try these out & let me know how you like them!!
Have you ever tried my CHIA JAM!?
here’s my HOW TO Video here