Happy Thursday all! If you haven’t had a chance to check out the Headbands Of Hope Giveaway – check it out [here] & prepare to be inspired by this beautiful cause.
Even though I post a lot of meal ideas on Instagram & on here, I feel like I haven’t shared a cookie recipe in a while! This is one of those recipes where I literally through everything into a bowl & it worked! Trust me, many recipes go unshared based on these experiments not always working BUT this one is a winner!
What makes these even more awesome is that I made them at 7am on a Saturday which is not my usual baking time I have to say. I woke up remembering that I was supposed to bring a dish to our CrossFit workout for a cookout afterwards so I ripped open the pantry & hoped for the best!
It’s a good thing my pantry is basically a small version of Whole Foods, sorry I’m not sorry, so I had some good ingredients on hand.
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
[gluten free, dairy free, plant based, soy free & packed with power]
Serves 8-12 (depending on how much power you want at the time)
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- You can sub 2-3 TB coconut nectar, maple syrup,
- or use 15-20 drops of liquid stevia to taste or a few packets of your favorite brand.
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 1/4 cup of gluten free buckwheat flour
- You can sub flour of choice.
- 1/4 cup protein powder of choice
- I used VEGA Vanilla
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 3 TB Chia Seeds
- 2 TB Flax Meal
- 1/2 Cup Unsweet Apple Sauce
- You can sub banana or pumpkin.
- 1/2 Cup Almond Milk
- 1/2 TB Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl & mix until thoroughly combined.
- Let the dough sit for a few minutes to “gel” & set.
- Spoon dough onto a cookie sheet greased with coconut oil.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool for a few minutes & remove from cookie sheet.
Even at 730am I still had time to take some pictures of these delicious cookies I was pretty proud. They are loaded with plant based clean carbs, protein, fiber, & healthy fats! Everyone at the gym loved them & I have to admit that these were one of my favorite random recipes.
I get most of my ingredients from my favorite online store iHerb.com.
If you’re a first time user, you can use my coupon code
for a $5 discount off any order under $40 & a $10 off discount on any order over $40!
If you try this recipe, let me know how you like them!
Have you had a recipe recently that you just “through together” & it worked? I’d love to hear about it!