Happy Wednesday all! Hope your week is going great! Thank you for all of your awesome comments towards Corey’s big news on the blog yesterday. We’re super excited for this awesome opportunity for him & can’t wait to see what the next phase will bring!
Today I am SO excited because I get to share with you a project that’s been in the works for the last few months! I feel blessed to have my blog as a place where I can work on projects with others & then bring the information to all of YOU so we can all be inspired by one another!
For the rest of the week I will be sharing with you the story of 6 College Triathletes from my alma mater, Slippery Rock University. It all starts with my girl, Kylie, who reached out to me earlier this year about speaking at the University on Fueling Your Athletics. You can read more about that day [here].
Once I got to know all of these students and how they were on their journey to competing in their first Triathlons, I was inspired to help them out in some way. I could relate to what it’s like being a college student with a ton of responsibilities and still wanting to lead an active & enjoyable lifestyle.
The beauty of what I get to do is CONNECT people! I LOVE making connections & helping one another. My pap (hi Pap!) always taught me, what good is it to have amazing people or companies in your life, if you don’t work together & use your passions to help others?
I couldn’t help but think that VEGA would be a perfect pairing with these students since they were getting ready to launch their Fuel Your Better campaign & their products are something that I use daily in my own training.
I quoted Brendan Brazier throughout my presentation on fueling your athletics & many of the students already knew about him since he is a former professional Ironman triathlete.
Long story even longer I went home that day and instantly contacted my friends at VEGA about the SRU Triathlon club. After hearing how passionate & motivated the students were, VEGA jumped right on board to help support these students on their journey to their first Triathlons! How awesome? For real.
Right then & there, the Fuel Your Better College Campaign was born!
What was even cooler was that I got a chance to be Ellen DeGeneres & bring a bunch of VEGA product to the students to use during their training. And you all know how much I love giving.
I explained when each product was good to use, what it was, & how the students could benefit from including these body fueling ingredients into their busy days.
WE WERE PUMPED! Each student got to go back to their dorms stocked & ready to TRAIN!
This is cute…can you tell it was cold outside during this time? Check out that outfit combo.
We also watched different clips from the Fuel Your Better site so that the students could really get a great understanding of when each product would benefit them most.
The SRU Triathlon students used the products during their training over the next few months & kept me updated on how it was going. Today I get to share with you my interview with our first featured athlete, Olivia Danylko, for the Fuel Your Better College Campaign!
1) Tell me about you! What’s your story.
– From a young age I was always doing sports. I started swimming when I was in second grade and then I started playing soccer. In middle school I played just about every sport from tennis to horseback riding. When I got to high school sports got a little more serious. I joined the track team where I pole vaulted and started our high school swim team with some friends. When I came to Slippery Rock University I pole vaulted on the Track and Field team for a year and then I started training for triathlons my sophomore year. Now, after my first triathlon, I’m hooked!
2) What got you into athletics?
– I love being active, so getting into athletics has always been the answer. I like to be challenged so playing sports keeps that passion going!
3) What got you into triathlons?
– I was looking for an activity to continue to workout for and triathlons always looked fun, so I decided to give it a go!
4) What is your favorite way to train?
– I love running!! Its a good way to get in shape, clear your mind, and fun!
5) Any exercise tips for a newbie triathlete looking to start training?
– Don’t start too hard with practicing. Ease into it and with time start adding on harder and faster exercises!
6) What was your initial reaction when VEGA & Kasey wanted to help out the club with product?
– I was shocked and thrilled! Its such a great opportunity!
7) What was your initial thoughts of using a product like VEGA Sport?
– Before Vega I had never used any type of these products, so I was excited to test all the products out.
8 ) What was your favorite product & why?
– My favorite product is electrolyte hydrator because it gives me the boost I need to sustain my workouts and it tastes good!
– Another product I like is the Performance Protein Powder because it gives strength and helps me recover faster so I can train harder.
10) What do you think is an important product to have, especially while being in college and training?
– I think an important product to have is the electrolyte hydrator that I mentioned above because in college being so busy I sometimes forget to drink fluids and then I become dehydrated. With the electrolyte hydrator I have another option besides water and it replenishes my body faster.
11) What is a tip for a reader on how to balance college life and training?
– Keep up with your classes and then it will be more fun and relaxing to workout without all the stress from classes.
12) What does the VEGA Sport Motto #fuelyourbetter mean to you?
– Fueling your body right is key to training. Everything that goes into your body can make or break you.
13) What does #betruetoyou mean to you?
– This one is important to me, because being true to you is necessary to being a good athlete and leading a happy life. Once you’re happy with yourself then it is easy to become the athlete you want to be.
14) Why do you think it’s important to fuel your body?
– In order to get the results you want and train for fueling your body is key!
15) Anything else you’d like to add?
– Thank you Vega and Kasey for this great opportunity!!!
BIG Shout out to Olivia for all of her hard work! We had the chance to chat a lot over the last months & it was awesome to see such motivation behind how passionate she was to lead a lifestyle that worked for HER own body. Love these students!!
Tomorrow you’ll get to hear from another VEGA fueled athlete!
Have a great day & be true to you,
To learn about how you can fuel your better, check out the VEGA Sport website!