I just want to start off today’s post with a moment of silence for those lives lost in Orlando this past weekend. My thoughts & prayers are with anyone who was affected by this horrible action and my hope is that more love is found in this world.
Happy Tuesday, friends! I hope your week is off to a great start. With the warmer weather now (finally) making an appearance here — iced coffee is now back into my life.
I literally pick my coffee depending on how warm it is outside. If I’m at all chilly — I go with warm coffee. If I’m at all hot — I go with my iced espresso or iced coffee.
Lately I’ve been making a “protein coffee” with Vital Protein Collagen Peptides powder + almond milk + triple shot of espresso (I just add the protein & almond milk myself after I order a triple espresso over ice).
The protein seriously blends so smoothly! I don’t even realize it’s there — totally tasteless.
I’ve also been quite obsessed with these “betterhalf” creamer from Califia Farms. SO thick and creamy.
Collagen Peptides and Beef Gelatin Collagen Protein both offer the same amino acids and nutritional benefit but they are slightly different in application.
Collagen Peptides: Vital Protein’s peptides offer a convenient form to add collagen to your diet. You may add our peptides to cold or hot beverages such as a smoothie, juice, water, tea, or coffee, as well as a variety of foods such as oatmeal and yogurt. Their peptides will not “gel” in cold liquids and they do not alter the texture or thicken liquids.
Beef Gelatin Collagen Protein: The beef gelatin protein product will solidify or “gel” in cold liquids and as a result, it is ideal for hot beverages such as herbal tea, hot juices, or a protein pumpkin spice coffee. Hot liquids with collagen protein will solidify once cooled. The Beef Gelatin Collagen Protein is a 100% Pasture-Raised Beef Gelatin and is a stable in many recipes and can be used to make fruit gelatin, healthy gummy snacks, or added to soups an broths as a nutritious protein booster and thickener.
Collagen is vital for our body and is the basic building block of skin, hair, nails, bones and joints.
Vital Proteins Collagen Supplement is sourced from pasture raised bovine hides from Brazil to ensure a natural, high quality, and sustainable source of this ancient nutritional powerhouse.
Premium natural blend for a beautiful glow that begins from within. Nourishing elixir combines marine collagen peptides with raw organic greens, hyaluronic acid, and probiotics. Offers a natural coconut flavor made from organic coconut water and the finest Madagascar vanilla beans.
Collagen peptides are short chain amino acids naturally derived from pasture-raised, grass-fed collagen protein. Unlike gelatin, these peptides are soluble in cold liquids as well as hot. Collagen peptides contain the same amino acids as gelatin which are identical to the protein found in skin, nails, hair, bones, cartilage, and joints. Gluten Free, rBGH Free, Non GMO.
Vital Protein’s collagen protein is a 100% pure, pasture-raised, grass-fed gelatin powder. Gelatin will thicken in cold liquids. The amino acids contained in gelatin are therapeutic and are identical to the protein found in skin, nails, hair, bones, cartilage, and joints. Gluten Free, rBGH Free, Non GMO.
I used their Beef Gelatin to make a Protein Mousse! I spent hours researching different ways to use gelatin and it’s been something I wanted to experiment with for a while now. Having this high quality source at my fingertips made for some fun in the kitchen.
This recipe also allowed me to use my new Lemon Juicer that I got for one of our wedding gifts…it’s really the simple things in life!
- Juice & Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1 Scoop of Vital Proteins Gelatin Powder (20g)
- 8 oz of Cream Cheese of Choice
- 2 – 5.3 oz Containers of Plain Greek Yogurt (I used Chobani)
- 1 Scoop Protein of Choice (I used a Vanilla Whey)
- 10 Drops of Liquid Stevia
- 1/4 Cup Almond Milk
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- Dash of Sea Salt
- 1 Pint of Fresh Blueberries
- 2 TB Chia Seeds
- Combine gelatin & juice of 1 lemon in a bowl and let sit for 3 minutes.
- Combine blueberries with some lemon juice (about 1 TB) & a few drops of liquid stevia and microwave for about 1 minute.
- Once out of microwave, smash the blueberries up and add chia seeds to the mixture. Let sit and gel up/thicken.
- In a large bowl combine all other ingredients with a hand mixer.
- Heat gelatin & lemon juice in the microwave for about 10 second increments until gelatin has dissolved. (you could also do this on the stove-top on low heat).
- Once gelatin is dissolved, slowly add that mix to the creamed mixture and continue to combine thoroughly with hand mixer.
- The mixture will start to stiffen up & come together nicely.
- Pour the chia sauce over the protein mousse and fold in with a spatula.
- Let sit, covered with plastic wrap, in the fridge for about 2-3 hours to chill and thicken.
- Serve & dig in!!
*This recipe is super high in protein! Which is awesome for my athletes who may be a little more picky with their protein choices. #soccergirlapproved
I originally put them into little cupcake liners thinking they’d be more of a cheesecake consistency but ended up doing the bowl technique mentioned in the recipe above!
My friends at Vital Proteins are offering a lucky reader a chance to win a package of VP goodies!
HOW TO ENTER:
1) Leave a comment below letting us know why you’re excited to try Vital Proteins!
Optional Extra Entries (not mandatory): please leave a separate comment for EACH entry.
3) Re-Pin the Image I post today on Pinterest or post an image from the post & let me know that you did below!
4) Subscribe to my blog so you don’t miss a giveaway or post!
8) Subscribe to my YouTube Channel so you don’t miss a video!
9) Check out my Training Programs & Online Instant Downloads at KaseyArena.com & if it interests you at all, let me know below if you signed up for more info!
*This Giveaway is open to US only & will run until Saturday, June 18th at midnight.
Be true to you & GOOD LUCK!