Hey all! I am currently trying super hard not to fall asleep as I sit & wait a few hours in between flights. I’m tellin’ you, after an awesome day teaching the Under Armour What’s Beautiful Event & then getting right onto a plane – it’s a bit hard to keep these eyes peeled right now snacking on puffins & a chai tea from starbucks is helping though! A full recap of the event will be coming soon! Everyone did amazing & it was such a fun time!
This morning during the event, we incorporated some interval training (aka HIIT) into the workout! My friends at GYMBOSS define interval training as “varying the intensity within a workout.” The Swedes call this “Fartlek”, or speed play. You add intensity in short bouts that you could not sustain throughout the session. If you consistently keep a moderate intensity during your cardiovascular conditioning your body may adapt over time. Adding in some intervals is a great way to increase your fitness level!
The Gymboss timer is one of my favorite fit gadgets to use during workouts! The Gymboss can be used as a repeating interval timer, countdown timer, or a stopwatch. My friends at GYMBOSS are offering you all a chance to win an Interval Timer to help motivate you through your workouts & intervals! I love using mine with other forms of equipment for some TABATA workouts.
Whenever I use the word Tabata, people look at me like I’m crazy (if they’ve never heard of it)…or I’m just crazy. The name comes from a Japanese researcher who discovered a way to increase both anaerobic and aerobic pathways at the same time.
Here’s an example of how to set up a Tabata Workout via Gymboss –
after warming up, take one exercise and perform it in the following manner:
- For twenty seconds, do as many reps as possible, or run, bike as hard as you can
- Rest for ten seconds
- Repeat seven more times!
Some cool facts about the Timer:
- One or two different time intervals from 2 seconds to 99 minutes
- Auto mode keeps repeating through intervals
- Set up to 99 rounds
- Manual mode acts as countdown timer
- Stopwatch Function
- Alarm by beep, vibration, or both
- Alarm duration of 1, 5, or 10 seconds
- Size of a small pager (1 3/4 x 2 1/4 inches)
- Water and shock resistant
I like it too because it has an easy to use clip so you can clip it onto your clothes, which is also cool for the outdoors! You can also get a TON of ideas on how to use it at the DailyHiit.com & if you’re interested in purchasing one you can check them out here!
How you can enter:
- Leave a comment below telling us why you’d like to win the Gym Boss Interval Timer.
- Tweet about the giveaway, “I am entering to win the @GymBoss Interval Timer Giveaway via @Powercakes at https://powercakes.net/gymbossgiveaway”
- Don’t forget to leave a separate comment below letting me know that you tweeted!
This giveaway will run until next Wednesday (October 30th) at midnight (eastern time).
GOOD LUCK & Thank you Gymboss!
be true to you,