Hello friends! How are you? Lots of new things going on behind the scenes & I can’t wait to share them with you – but for now, how about a new recipe?
I know I know, it’s been a little while! With a busier schedule, I’ve found that my recipes truly consist of salad, baking, or smoothie creations for an on the go day to day.
Having things to quickly throw into a vitamix or bowl are things that I constantly try to keep on my shelves for the Summer. My friends at Nutrex-Hawaii sent me their new Green Complete Vanilla Powder a little while ago & I’ve been loving adding it to my smoothies.
If you want to learn more about this powerfood, check out my Hawaii recap posts here.
I’d look at them but then I’d probably want to jump on the next plane & be on my way back to the gorgeous state of Hawaii!
Every time I use spirulina or Green Complete, not going to lie, I definitely get asked “what exactly are you drinking?” BUT I always tell them – don’t let the color full you! The vanilla powder will off-set any pre-thoughts you have about spirulina & I personally don’t mind the taste at all. PLUS it is loaded with pure Hawaiian goodness in every sip!
- 1 Frozen Banana (makes it creamy!)
- Handful of fresh fruit or frozen fruit (I added strawberries & mangos)
- Handful of fresh spinach or about 1/2 cup frozen spinach (instead of ice)
- 1 Scoop of Nutrex-Hawaii Green Complete
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder of Choice (love my VEGA!)
- Liquid = honestly, I add enough that I can blend yet keep it thick so about 1 cup or so.
- I use liquid egg whites (found in carton at grocery store) to add more protein especially post training or coconut/almond/whatever type of milk works too!
This is truly the smoothie I make on the daily! I look forward to it after every training session.
Are you a toppings person? I love adding extra fruit or cereal on top for some extra bonus.
Check out what the Green Complete includes!
- One full 3 gram serving of Hawaiian Spirulina
- Organic greens – Barley, Broccoli, Kale & Wheatgrass
- Organic antioxidants – Dulse, Acai, Goji Berry
- Natural Vanilla Bean Flavor
- Green Complete Superfood Powder is an excellent natural source of vitamin B12, vitamin K, iron and manganese.
Also, feel free to use coupon code “PCTRUE25” for 25% off your next Nutrex-Hawaii Order!
Nutrex-Hawaii is one of our GLOW Retreat sponsors this year & we’re pumped to have a fun session utilizing their products in new ways!
I’m off to meet up with some friends for a run (more info on why this is happening coming up soon ) #hint
Have a great Wednesday!
Be true to you,
What’s your favorite smoothie combo?