hi all! To kick off the Turkey Day #plantPOWER Recipe week;
I wanted to share with you a GREAT side dish from Andrea!
Roasted Sweet Potato Salad w/ Cranberries & Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
Serves 4 as a side dish
2 c sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 tsp sea salt
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp dried rosemary
1/4 c raw pumpkin seeds
1/4 c dried cranberries
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 tbsp honey
pinch of pepper
additional pinch of rosemary (if you love it as much as I do)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine cubed sweet potatoes, coconut oil, sea salt, garlic and rosemary.
Place on a greased baking sheet and roast for 25 – 30 minutes
until the potato chunks are soft and starting to brown around the edges.
2. Meanwhile, toast your pumpkin seeds by placing them in a dry frying pan over medium heat.
Stir constantly for approximately 3 minutes until the seeds are golden brown. Do not let them burn!
3. To make the dressing, combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk.
4. Once the potatoes are cooked, place them in a large bowl
and let cool for approximately 10 minutes. Add the roasted pumpkin seeds and cranberries.
5. Toss with the dressing and garnish with some fresh sprigs of rosemary.
6. This salad can be served warm or chilled.
I have posted this recipe on my blog!
Looking forward to seeing your big post of recipes!!
Sneak peak into tomorrow’s recipe!
Also check out Heather’s post today too!