Hey all! How was your weekend? To me, no weekend is complete with out some Powercakes!
Gotta love being home on a Sunday morning to be there for Papacakes famous breakfasts. I swear that is where I learned all of my breakfast food making skills. AKA – old bay & dill on eggs all day every day…with exception of the above picture.
I was in the sweet breakfast mood.
Buckwheat Powercakes made with APS Vanilla Chai Veggie Protein Powder, bananas, buckwheat flour, & eggs topped with grass fed butter & 100% pure maple syrup.
I really have to get my Dad to write down recipes because in our family, we tend to bake like we cook. We through things in and hope they work out – and his pancakes never disappoint! This means I will definitely need to watch him next time to get this recipe!
Side of dippy eggs because I love me some yolks.
What is your favorite weekend breakfast?
I was fueled up this morning for some conditioning which consisted of
4 Rounds of 200m Row + 15 Push Press followed by some Leg Plank Kicks for today’s Power Plates Challenge!
- Start in a plank position.
- Drive one knee in on the plate.
- Take leg back out & kick up that leg as you contract your glute.
- Make sure to keep the core tight as you use your whole body (especially legs & low back) to initiate the movement.
- Repeat 10-15 or 20 reps on one leg & then repeat on the other side!
- Looking for a challenge? Try it on your elbows!
- Holy moly, these things get tough when you drop it low.
- The movement will be smaller so don’t worry – totally fine! Definitely a challenge but you can do it!.