Happy Monday all!
Wanted to start off today with the TWO winner’s of the previous Mighty Nut Peanut Flour Giveaway & the Smarty Pants October Giveaway! Thank you to everyone to entered! xo Congrats to the randomly chosen winners below:
Go Mighty Nut Winner
Smarty Pants Gummies Winner
Winners please e-mail me your shipping info to Kasey@Powercakes.Net!
Today we’ve got a Monday version of my usual “Friday Favorites” for an at home edition! Now that I’ve moved away from home, spending time with everyone when I’m back visiting is that much more important. Yes, sometimes I can over-book myself when I’m home in order to do 100 things in 3 days, but I go into it knowing that and plan a day or two after a trip to recoup.
- Best friends Annual Halloween Party!
This year I was rocked an animal print leotard that I got about 5 years ago at a thrift store near my college. I remember seeing and saying..this will be a Halloween costume one year.
Now, 5 years later, I was pumped to finally have a reason to wear it—although it would make an amazing deadlifting outfit, right? Loved seeing my girlfriends and dressing up.
2) On-the-go eating is a usual when you’re running around from place to place. I created a new “go-to” from Panera.
I ordered the Mediterranean flat-bread sandwich and added a turkey sausage. It was small, but so good! I could probably eat 2 or 3 ;]
3) Lunch with my GNC ladies!
While in Pittsburgh, I taught a Power Hour bootcamp at GNC HQ. My ladies wanted to grab lunch while I was home so I made sure it happened. I got a lentil salad with shrimp — check out that beauty.
4) Seeing my family — especially for my Parent’s 35th wedding anniversary!
Rocking our black n’ gold on game day! Love mamacakes & papacakes.
I believe they are just located in Pittsburgh but gosh they are good. They have a menu to choose from and they make each one you order right in-front of you by putting the desired toppings on. SO DANG GOOD. I highly recommend!
6) HALO TOP ICE CREAM! My new favorite.
I’ve yet to find this in Rhode Island and I knew that Pittsburgh’s Whole Foods carried it. Halo top ice-cream is a protein ice-cream that actually TASTES like ice cream. It is by far the leader in “protein ice creams” from the ones I’ve had. It is creamy, smooth, & full of flavor.
I’m a huge vanilla bean lover and this pint was packed with those little black specks!
7) Seeing this face that I’ve missed so much! Little Lilia was my daily smile every time I walked into the gym at home — she keeps growing up so much every time I see her and I couldn’t resist to put that face in this recap! <3
8) Squeezing in some “me” time while I was home at Massage Envy.
In all honesty, I used to look at massages as such a treat and I would let myself get one 1 or 2 times a year. The more I did research the more I found that massages, although they feel like an absolute treat, are really a huge part of recovery from training. Keep an eye out tomorrow as it’s giveaway #3 time within the last week where you can get win some much needed “you” time!
9) Family, family, family! & puppies! Loved seeing my Grandparents, brother & sister-in-law, & my fur niece, Finley.
Fin loving her new bone while I sipped on a coconut milk latte.
10) Did I mention Food? Home cooking is AMAZING. For real…I sometimes get in the habit of making the same things for dinner so going home to some home cookin’ inspired me to grab some new eats!
Pumpkin Spice Kettle Corn is a THING and you should totally eat it. Delicious.
My sister-in-law also makes an MEAN Chili and homemade cornbread.
Top the bread with butter and you are set.
Trader Joe’s sells Spiced Cider so after chili we warmed some cider on the stove and boy did it hit the spot.
So as you can see, home is where the food, family, & friends are and nothing short of love. There is something about just spending quality time with the people who love you that makes every worry or stress just disappear.
I’m off to soccer practice as we’ve got a big playoff game tomorrow for my Middle School team! I’ve loved being their coach this season and I can see myself doing this for a long time. So fun.
Be true to you,
What is your favorite home cooked meal!?