Hey all! Hope you’re enjoying your Friday! I’m a bit sore & frustrated today after the CrossFit Games WOD 13.3 last night. I had one of those moments where my mind was getting the best of me during the workout so I will definitely be posting about it next week to recap!
My PreWOD Fuel that I shared via Instagram was a new version of a
- Sautéed spinach (in a pan with coconut oil for a few minutes until wilted)
- Roasted Sweet Potato (wrapped in foil, baked at 350 for about an hour)
- Topped with Toasted Coconut Butter
- Basically, I put about 2 TB of coconut butter on a medium heat pan on the stove but proceeded to walk away and do 1,000 other things (story of my life). When I came back, it was more toasted than melted! It actually tasted really good. So not all mistakes are bad ones Posting this one to my #PowerbowlADay challenge as we speak.
Today I wanted to post about some Fitness for Friday!
Have you ever heard of ValSlides?
They are sliding discs that you can use for any body part to get an awesome full body workout.
I’ve done a full review with exercise video before with the Valslides a while ago & I am still loving them!
I especially like challenging my clients with them because it’s always good to switch things up!
The other day I brought the ValSlides to my client Mary’s house.
The ValSlide Exercise:
- One Leg Lunges
- Press one foot onto a ValSlide & keep the other foot stationary.
- Drive the foot back while going into a one leg lunge.
- Return the foot to start position.
- Make sure to really dig into the floor with that stationary foot to feel the burn in those glutes!
- These can also be done by just stepping back into a lunge.
- Repeat 15 times on each leg for an awesome leg burn! #hurtssogood
I’m off to get some work done on my new projects (more on that soon!) Enjoy your weekend!
Be True To You,