What’s up everyone! Happy Hump Day!
Not too long ago I got in contact with the super cool company, Elli Quark! Through creeping on Instagram, I’ve seen “Quark” before but honestly didn’t really know what it was. Judging from the pictures, it seemed like a yogurt, which I’m all about so I was curious to give it a try!
The cool thing about Elli Quark is that it is sweetened with stevia — Something you don’t see too often in the yogurt isles.
Instantly I was pumped to see all of these flavors like blueberry, peach, lemon, french vanilla, plain, pineapple, cherry, mint chocolate, & more! Even more exciting were these two flavors…
And sea salt caramel! hiyooo!
So what is Quark?
Elli Quark is a spoonable FRESH CHEESE with a creamy texture similar to Greek yogurt, but with a richer, LESS SOUR taste. It also is HIGH PROTEIN with no added sugars or artificial sweeteners.
I decided to top a new recipe, (single serve) Chocolate Chia Cake with the French Vanilla flavor & it was a match made in cheese & chocolate heaven.
- 1/2 Cup Liquid Egg Whites
- 2 TB Dark Cocoa Powder (my preference!)
- 1/4 Cup Oats
- 1/4 Cup Almond Milk
- 2 TB Chia Seeds
- Dash of Vanilla Extract
- Dash of Cinnamon
- 10 Drops or so of Hazelnut Stevia (you could also use regular stevia or any sweetener to taste) (Use code XUG228 at Iherb.com for $5 off!)
- Add all ingredients into a blender (I used my Vitamix S30) and blend.
- If it looks like you need a little more liquid, feel free to add a bit by tablespoon to thin the batter a bit.
- Put into a sprayed small loaf pan (I found mine at TJ MAXX) & bake at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes.
- Let cool & then remove from pan.
- Top with toppings! I used Elli Quark French Vanilla & Strawberries.
To check out Elli Quark for yourself, head to their website & get 10% off your order when you sign up with your email address! In all honesty, when it comes to an awesome delish snack – Elli Quark is a great option coming in around 80 cals & 14 g of protein! It’s a great ingredient too for baking or adding toppings onto for some more fuel.
Thank you Elli for the legit package of snacks – I am now a Quark fan! ;]
Have a good one & be true to you!
Have you ever tried quark!?