Hi all! Of course I want to start with a “I” feature from Instagram!
- @gamene & her amazing "I" recipe of Inarizushi which is one of the few traditional Japanese sushi preparations that is inherently vegan.
- @stephanie_arlyn & her plant based icecream!
- @fight4wellness & her plant based ice cream as well! I sense a theme peopl
- @heatherwaxman with her inspiring post from yesterday!
You girls never cease to amaze & inspire me!
Lovin’ all of the different foods that you can turn into a #plantPOWER recipe!
Shifting gears to “J” day –
Heather & I are so thrilled to have a special guest today!
One of my favorite Plant Based Gurus – Julieanna Hever aka the Plant Based Dietitian.
This lady is a Plant Power All-Star with a credible background on Plant Based eating.
We are so excited that Julieanna wanted to be a part of the #plantPOWER Challenge!
Today, she shares with us a little about facts of plant based Protein:
- All amino acids available in plants
- Plant-based superstars-beans, lentils, peas, nuts, soy products, quinoa, leafy greens.
- Protein doesn’t equal flesh, it’s a macronutrient, available in all foods.
Julieanna also shares a Plant Based Food Guide Pyramid as well to help!
Questions or concerns about eating plant based? Here are Julieanna’s tips for getting started:
- Thinking from the positive-”what do I get to try” instead of “what do I have to give up”
- Consider it a fun challenge
- Explore and experiment…bazillions of cookbooks, websites, blogs now accessible for new recipes;
farmer’s markets and increasingly plant-friendly options at markets and restaurants
You can find out more tips from her US News Interview.
Julieanna is a true go-getter & was even featured on the Doctor Oz Show!
No lie, I first learned about Julieanna when I was cooking in the kitchen while watching this episode.
I then did some research & was hooked to her work ever since.
Amongst many things, her book really caught my eye!
If the title didn’t already win me over, I immediately bought this book & read through it in a few days. Julieanna does an amazing job breaking down each category of plant based eating so that anyone could easily understand. Hence the title of the book, right? I refer back to it any time I want to learn more about the topic too. It is a great resource to have!
I highly suggest purchasing this book if you want to learn more about plant based eating…
Oh wait…or maybe you can win a copy? [Insert Oprah voice]
Thanks to Julieanna –FIVE of you get a chance to win a copy of her book!!
Yes, FIVE of you.
How to enter:
Leave a comment below telling us why you’d like to win this book!
You can also tweet or post for added entries:
“I am entering to win the #plantPOWER @PlantDietitian Book Giveaway via @Powercakes & @HeatherWaxman! #FitFluential”
Want to learn more about The Plant Dietitian?
And she has a NEW TV SHOW coming out soon called “What Would Julieanna Do?”
Being an entrepreneur myself, I have so much respect for Julieanna going for her dream!
Good luck to all who enter!