This may be one of my most favorite things I’ve done via my powercakes career.
Every day I have the opportunity to train & coach athletes to reach their fullest athletic potential. It’s something that I truly love & fuels me daily. Moving to Rhode Island was nothing short of emotions & worry thinking..will I find new clients? Will people want to train with me? Can I still do what I love?
I tell you – God puts people into your life for a reason.
Dana followed me on Instagram for months before we realized we’d both be living in the same town. We connected after she recognized one of my instagram backgrounds and realized it was her hometown. We e-mailed for weeks leading up to my move planning to get together and for me to meet her daughters who both played soccer.
The second I met this family – I knew they were amazing people & I was meant to connect with them.
One week after my move, I started a strength and conditioning camp with Dana’s daughters as well as a few other players from the soccer team. We trained all summer, 3 days a week, and now continue to train into their seasons.
It’s amazing how things happen when you just trust yourself and your path in life.
During the summer, the girls and I talked about filming a YouTube cooking video to highlight some topics we’ve learned this summer like fueling your body & positive body image.
We came up with a FUELING FRUIT PIZZA and guys…it was SO delicious! The girls loved it and we had so much fun filming this! Truly one of the best days in my professional fitness career.
SUGAR COOKIE CRUST RECIPE:
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup sugarless sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (I used almond extract)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 Cups Oat Flour (ground up oats into flour)
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl mix together the oat flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, add the sugarless sugar & softened coconut oil and beat together for a few minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla (or almond) extract and continue mixing until fully incorporated.
- Add the flour and mix together thoroughly.
- Take the cookie dough, form it into a ball, and place it over the prepared baking sheet.
- Roll the ball into a round large cookie or any shape you prefer. (You can also use your hands here to form into the shape you desire).
- The cookie should be at least ¼ of an inch in thickness.
- Bake the cookie for about 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Let cool completely before adding toppings.
- Spread with cream cheese and top with fruit of choice!
Enjoy! & be true to you,
Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube for more content! :]