Happy Wednesday friends! I hope you’re having a great middle of the week!
Over the weekend I got together with a few of my client’s that were available to do a Sunday Dinner. I feel so thankful that everyone I’m with weekly trusts me to help them on their journeys & how all of my clients truly feel like family.
They have no idea how much that means to me as a Personal Trainer.
I LOVE Sunday dinners and I grew up with them being so important in our family.
A few of my clients, Danny + Kyle & Mary Ann were able to get together for dinner Sunday and we all brought something fueling to the party.
Mary Ann made an awesome arugula salad with feta & cranberries. Danny & Kyle brought Zucchini Boats stuffed with ground meat, sauce, & topped with cheese, and I made this Corn & Black Bean Salsa that my sister-in-law shared with me. (shout out to Angie! xo)
It was SO good, simple, and perfect for summer that I had to share!! I got most of my ingredients at Trader Joes. I tailored it to a smaller portion since there were 4 of us but you can double the can of corn & black beans to make more.
- 1 Can of corn
- 1 Can of black beans
- 1 Chopped red pepper
- 1 Chopped Small purple onion
- 1 Small Container of tomatoes; halved
- a handful of chopped cilantro
- Juice of 4 limes
- salt, pepper, & garlic powder to taste
- Chop all of your veggies & add them to your corn + black beans in the bowl.
- Add your salt, pepper, garlic, & juice of limes and mix thoroughly.
- Serve right away with added chicken or avocado OR let sit in the fridge (the flavor develops over a little bit of time)
- Serve with chips or on a salad or over your favorite protein!
- SO refreshing & perfect for summer!
I hope you try this out this summer!
Be true to you,