Hi all! Hope you’re having a great Tuesday & you got to check out the Motivational Monday post from yesterday! It’s always nice to know that we’re not alone in our worries & can relate to one another. Today I wanted to share with you a new recipe that I created thanks to my friends from Growing Natural’s who sent me their Pea Protein Powder to try out & review!
A key feature of this protein powder is that it has excellent digestibility which means less of a chance of bloating symptoms and is easy to digest. I also liked that it was sweetened with coconut sugar & stevia – therefore, makes a good option post workout to get some fast digesting carbs & protein into your system! With the protein, I made a batch of cookies & topped them with some of my favorite toppings.
Chocolate Brownie & Fig Cookies
made with Growing Naturals Pea Protein Powder
[gluten free, egg free, dairy free, nut free, loaded with power]
Makes 12-14 cookies
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Puree’
- 1 large banana
- Zest & juice from medium orange (about 1/4 cup or so of liquid!)
- 1/2 cup almond milk or milk of choice
- 1 cup buckwheat groat flour
- [buckwheat groats blended to make flour]
- You can sub flour of choice [oat flour, buckwheat flour, whole wheat flour]
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 1 Scoop of Growing Naturals Pea Protein Powder
- 2 TB Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 + 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 15 drops of liquid stevia or stevia to taste
- You could sub 2 TB Sweetener of choice
- Blend the banana, pumpkin puree, almond milk, & orange juice until smooth.
- Add all of the above ingredients into one large bowl.
- Let sit for a few minutes to thicken & absorb.
- If it looks too dry – feel free to add a few more TB liquid!
- I used a small ice cream scoop to portion out the cookies & then flattened them down with the back of the scoop!
- Bake on parchment paper or greased cookie sheet at 375 degrees for about 12-15 minutes until lightly browned.
- Let cool, top with toppings (listed below) & ENJOY!
I topped mine with coconut butter shell, figs, & healthy chocolate sauce–
For the Hard Coconut Shell;
- Melt some coconut butter
- spoon on top of cookie
- place the sliced fig on top
- pop into the freezer for a few until hardened like a shell.
You can find some of the other ingredients on http://iherb.com with
my coupon code XUG228 for a $5-10 dollar discount on your first order!
Thank you Growing Natural’s for the yummy protein powder to review!