Hi all! Happy Saturday!
The other night I posted this teaser picture to Instagram and most of you were super close with your guesses as to what my new recipe is….
#BOOM – dare I say that this may be one of the most delicious recipes I’ve created? It is definitely up there! I combined a Banana Nut Quest Bar with a simple Pumpkin Chia batter & added bananas which created these lovely loaves packed full of protein, carbs (FUEL!), & healthy fats!
These will serve 2 people or 1 if you don’t feel like sharing!
Quest Banana Nut Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Loaves
- 1 Banana split in half
- 1 quest bar
- 1/2 cup rolled oats pulsed into flour
- 4 TB Chia Seeds
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Pieces of Unsweet Chocolate (I like unsweet but feel free to add the kind you like!)
- Sprinkle of Cinnamon
- Dash of Vanilla Extract
- 10 Drops of Liquid Stevia or 1-2TB of your favorite sweetener (I used french vanilla from iherb.com coupon code XUG228)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Combine half of the banana with everything except the quest bar & chocolate.
- Once your pumpkin chia mix is smooth – put it to the side as you construct your loaves.
- Take two mini loaf pans (or you can make this into cupcakes, one medium loaf, or cookie style if you don’t have mini pans) & spray the bottom with spray or oil of choice.
- Slice the other half of the banana & put a few slices at the bottom of each pan.
- Next, put the unwrapped quest bar on a microwave safe plate and heat for 10 seconds in the microwave.
- Take out your bar and carefully place onto parchment paper and split into two pieces.
- Cover the top with parchment as well and roll out the two pieces of warm quest bar.
- Place the rolled out pieces on top of the banana slices.
- Sprinkle the chopped up chocolate on top of the quest bar.
- Add your Pumpkin Chia mix on top of the chocolate pieces.
- Bake at 350 for about 13-15 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Let cool and then remove carefully. (The banana slices may slip off but it’s totally okay -just pick them back up & place them in their proper spot!)
- ENJOY!! This was amazing with some peanut butter on top — justttttt sayinnnnn.
*If you stay away from dairy you coul totally still make this without the quest bar! Just add everything else in order into loaf panss and bake as stated above.
Here are the step by step pictures for a visual look!
I’m off to an event today where I’ll be demoing Chia Jam & having a Powercakes bake sale! ;] I hope you have a great day!!
BE TRUE TO YOU,
Are you a banana fan? I LOVE them but if you aren’t – feel free to try any other Quest flavor! Maybe even cinnamon roll – yum!