If you saw my Instagram post this morning announcing where I’m moving to this week ;] (exciting things ahead in 2016 that I’ll elaborate on more in my next post) you’ll see that I’m headed to San Diego to work at the amazing facility, Fitness Quest 10.
Funny story is that Corey called me once he got back to our place in Rhode Island (where he’ll be continuing to work until we hopefully find something for him in Cali to move this summer! We’ve done this long distance thing before and truly grew so much as a couple so we are very confident in doing so again) and he called me asking “where did you put that oil good smelling thing?”
I then replied…the essential oil diffuser? I brought it with me!?
I couldn’t believe how bummed he was knowing that I brought my “good smelling thing” with me since I didn’t even think he knew how to use it, ha! But I can’t blame him as I would have an oil diffusing daily & our place would smell either like orange, eucalyptus, lemon, or sometimes a mix of all 3.
With tons of oils out there I thought I’d share about some of my favorites & where I get them.
My personal go-to oils are from Now Foods.
I’m excited to announce that I’ll be working with Now Foods for 2016 not only for their awesome products but the quality of a company that they are!
Their essential oils are grown free of synthetic fertilizer, pesticides, & herbicidal residue.
They not only make essential oils, but they also have tons of food products, supplements, vitamins, skincare, & so much more to choose from. They make sure their products are top of the line & I wouldn’t partner with a company I don’t believe in – you all know me by now ;] #betruetoyou
I personally use an Essential Oil Diffuser to not only make our place smell great, but to also have a sense of relaxation & clarity.
Let’s talk about Essential Oils:
- Essential oils are primarily used in therapeutic settings to help achieve a positive mood and bring about relaxation.
- Studies indicate that certain essential oils may help with the occasional stress and anxiety associated with everyday life, but more research is needed.
- Almost anyone can enjoy the benefits of an aromatherapy oil, but certain individuals, such as pregnant women, persons with allergies, and those with respiratory conditions such as asthma should only use essential oils for aromatherapy under the guidance of a trained professional.
- Keep in mind that essential oils are highly concentrated botanical extracts and should never be ingested or applied to skin at full strength.
- Consult a professional aromatherapist or an accredited reference on aromatherapy for advice on these uses.
Here’s a chart to check out which highlights each different oil & what they are known for.
I’m really pumped to try out this Nature’s Shield blend which is similar to the “thieves” oil you may hear about. It’s a blend of Clove Bud, Lemon, Cinnamon Bark, Eucalyptus and Rosemary oils — ah sounds so nice!
So check to NOW & all their awesome products and say hi to them on Social Media!
Be true to you,