Hi friends & happy Wednesday! Hope you’re having an awesome day.
Anyone else getting hit with some crazy humid weather? I literally am sweating…in the coffee shop…while I drink my iced @greatlakesgelatin infused oat milk latte. (and maybe the fact that their air isn’t working? #bloggerproblems)
With the summer months, Corey & I have been committed to getting in more veggies into our day. Not that we’ve ever been against them by any means…but sometimes you notice areas you’re lacking in and together we wanted to improve that…
1) It makes us truly feel better (hiiii gut health!) & 2) the produce right now is so fresh so we’re taking advantage of it.
Lately we’ve been obsessed with Birds Eye Frozen anything! Truly. Their veggie blends & frozen lentil pastas are ON POINT. This is not a sponsored post — this is just something we’ve literally been eating DAILY and makes me want to scream off the mountain tops to everyone that I know!
The lentil pasta is made of lentils & zucchini and you can get plain or tomato based.
We’ve been making it hot by adding all the veggies to a pan and then adding in the pasta last to heat it….OR we’ve been making the pasta first and then adding it to cold veggies.
THEY ARE SO EASY TO PREPARE, Y’ALL & make for a QUICK & SIMPLE Summer Pasta Salad (with some extra protein added in, thanks to the pasta!)
(makes about 3-4 servings)
- Raw veggies of your choice! We used about 1/4 cup – 1/2 cup total of each.
- We used 1/2 cup of zucchini, baby kale, artichokes, roasted red peppers, cherry tomatoes, & then used about 1/4 cup kalamata olives, & sundried tomatoes.
- Fresh Basil (about a handful of leaves)
- Dressing of choice
- We used Organic “Herbs de Provence” from Whole Foods
- 1 Bag of Bird’s Eye Lentil Pasta
- Heat your lentil pasta in a pan over medium heat until warm. Do not over-cook as it will get a little mushy and you want it to hold up in the salad.
- While that’s heating, chop your raw veggies & handful of basil to your desired shape.
- Add your veggies into a bowl and then add in your heated up pasta.
- Add in about 1/3 cup to 1/2 cup of dressing (we started with 1/3 cup and then after tossing & tasting, added more to taste).
- Eat right away or let cool in the fridge and ENJOY!
I often get questions on balanced meals that we eat so anytime I can share with you one of our simple recipes, I will! During the week, we really do just keep it simple. Protein + veggies + fat + carb for mostly every meal we eat.
Most of our meals don’t look “pretty” by any means — but we get in our nutrient dense food for sure. And trust me, I totally enjoy my red wine, brownie, or ice cream all in moderation because for me, it’s about finding a balance that works for my gut & my mind.
Little miss Kita is always trying to get a bite ;]
The best part about this salad is that you can make it your way! Add what veggies YOU like, dressing YOU like, & even add some extra protein on top or GOAT CHEESE or feta! ;] YUM!
I hope you have an awesome rest of your week guys!
Be true to you,
What’s your GO TO Summer recipe!?