Hi all! Happy Saturday to you – just finished a quick at home workout before heading out to get coffee with some friends on this beautiful sunny day! Minus the 30 degree temperatures, I’m a happy girl Anyone else over the cold weather? Apparently a big snow storm missed the memo that Spring happened and it supposedly coming through this weekend, merp.
Anyway, there’s nothing that a colorful bowl of plant power can’t fix!
From Instagram yesterday, feast your eyes on this
*base of kale, spinach, red onion, avocado, roasted brussels,
roasted acorn squash, lentils, sundried tomatoes, mushrooms, & avocado!
Topped with nutritional yeast and dulse flakes.
This was a perfect lunch to fuel up for my WOD last night.
After an awesome workout, one of my clients had us over for girl’s night! It was so fun to just sit back and relax while talking about anything and everything. We had such a good time & totally enjoyed some delicious eats!
*I snacked on gluten free crackers, cucumber & tomato salad (I need to make this!),
raw veggies, & lots of roasted red pepper hummus! #addicted
Plus, who wouldn’t be happy while eating off of that smiley plate? Loved it!
Today I wanted to share with you a quick & simple snack that I’ve been enjoying lately that happened very randomly. I love to take food that I already have at home & combine them into powerful combos. It’s a take on a “deviled egg” but instead of the egg, I used my favorite – AVOCADO!
- Roast your Kabocha squash (or squash of choice)
- Cut Squash in half.
- Scoop out seeds
- Spray with some cooking spray
- Roast at 350 for about 25-30 minutes or until tender!
- Next, take a half of an avocado & stuff with this optional combo
- 1 tsp Spirulina mixed with 1-2 TB salsa + 1 TB or so of smashed avocado.
- I topped mine with some dulse flakes!
- Perfect combo of healthy fats, clean carbs, & protein (spirulina – holla!) for my workout that night!
Coupon code XUG228 @ www.iherb.com for first time users!
Enjoy your Saturday!
Be True To You,
Have you ever put together a random combo that totally worked?