Hi all! I hope you are having a great Tuesday!
I want to thank everyone for the amazing support with the Announcement of becoming a BN SHAPE Ambassador! I really appreciate it.
Side note: Yesterday I had a phone call with some of my “team” that’s helping me with my business where we discussed different options for the vision that I have for my business. Once getting off of the phone, I can sometimes feel “overwhelmed” in a good way thinking of how many things I want to do before I get where I want to be. Which lead me to post this to Facebook…
I try every day to take things one step at a time – no matter how small that step may have to be. When we’re passionate about something, we wish it could happen that next day. But, in reality, things we want the most sometimes take the most time. I have faith that if I continue to pursue my dream with passion, in the end, I will eventually get there.
Do you ever feel overwhelmed with the amount of work you may have to put in to achieve a goal? You’re not alone!
Alrightttt enough about meeee, time to feature YOU for “K” day from Instagram!
- @jenniferp1980 & her take on my socca lasagna (from my blog) with KALE added to the layers!
- @nancyb08 & her #powermeal with KALE added!
- @lifesabowl & her KIWI added to her meal today!
- @aprilpinkney & her "KITCHEN SINK #powerbowl! Love it! Good job ladies!!
Awesome job ladies! I really enjoy seeing everyone’s posts throughout the day.
So, today is “L” Day for #plantPOWER…
A few weeks ago, I was in the kitchen, surprise surprise, & I took some ingredients out of the pantry and fridge to see what we had to work with. Have you ever just stared at the refrigerator as if something will just pop out at you? Yup. I do that often. It’s funny though because most of my favorite recipes just happen that way!
Anyway, I pulled out lentils (protein!), Nutritional Yeast (protein, vitamins!), cooked spaghetti squash (clean carbs!), canned tomatoes (veggies!) & avocado (healthy fats!).
I had all of my favorite parts to a balanced meal. No lie, I then proceeded to go get the mail & in the Ads was an amazing looking Sloppy Joe picture.
We used to eat these A LOT while growing up but they were obviously made with turkey meat & on whole wheat buns (my mom is a personal trainer so we did make healthier choices- go Mom!). But, the adult version of Kasey doesn’t handle meat too well & gluten has been gone for years.
I instantly ran over to the computer to find what flavors were used to make that “sloppy joe” flavor the natural way.
I started writing down different combos that would work & BOOM!
Lentil Sloppy Joes happened & it may not be the exact same thing as the original, but I think it’s pretty darn close!
Serves 4-12 people
- 4 cups of cooked lentils (I used organic canned)
- 1 Small Onion
- 1 can of Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 small can of Tomato Paste
- 3 TB Nutritional Yeast
- 2 TB Smoked Paprika
- 1 TB Minced Garlic
- 1 TB Coconut Oil
- 1 TB Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 TB Dijon Mustard
- 1 TB Onion Powder
- 2 tsp. Chili powder
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- a few drops of liquid stevia (optional)
- Sprinkle of Sea Salt & Pepper
- Over medium heat, add Coconut Oil, Minced Garlic, & Small Onion to the saucepan & caramelize the onion.
- Add in your spices – I do this first to “toast” the spices & bring out the smokey-ness
- Add your lentils, 1 can of tomatoes, & 1 can of tomato paste
- Stir until mixed thoroughly
- Let simmer on the stove at a low heat for about 15-20 minutes
- This will help it thicken & the flavors really come together!
I served mine over spinach, spaghetti squash, & topped with some avocado slices. YUM!
Don’t forget to check out Heather’s “L” post today!
Have you ever tried to “re-do” one of your childhood favorites?
I’d love to hear what you did!