Alright, let me be honest…eggs are basically my go-to breakfast, lunch, & dinner.
I just love eggs…on toast, as omelettes, “dippy eggs” (maybe that’s a Pittsburgh thing?) to dip into, in fritattas, poached, or as a binder in my baked goods.
Each Eggland’s Best egg is full of healthy protein and more of the vitamins and minerals we need compared to ordinary eggs. They are a great ratio of nourishing fats & muscle building protein –> both key macronutrients that we should be consuming daily.
Eggland’s Best Eggs® have more than double the Omega 3’s than ordinary eggs. They are also an excellent source of vitamins B2, B5 and Riboflavin, plus they have four times the Vitamin D, 10 times the Vitamin E and 25 percent less saturated fat, compared to ordinary eggs. Talk about a POWERHOUSE?
How do they get their eggs to be so powerful?
Eggland’s Best Eggs® are produced by hens that are fed an all-vegetarian diet. They are never fed animal fats, animal by-products or recycled, processed food. Eggland’s Best uses no hormones, steroids or antibiotics of any kind which is always good to know.
Then you…throw in an avocado + some (real) turkey bacon into the equation and you’ve got yourself even more of a protein/fat powerhouse that I call a BACADO!
Baked Egg In An Avocado
This would be PERFECT for any time of the day and you only need a spoon to eat it…simplicity at it’s finest.
- 1 Ripe Avocado
- 2 Eggland’s Best Eggs
- 2 Strips of All Natural & Nitrate Free Turkey Bacon
- Pink Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cook your turkey bacon in a pan on medium heat with some cooking spray of choice until desired crispiness.
- Cut your avocado in half and remove the pit.
- Scoop out a small amount of each half so the egg will fit in the hole (and not overflow!)
- Crack your eggs into each of the holes & sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Put on a baking sheet and bake for about 15-20 minutes until cooked thoroughly or put on broil (and keep an eye on them!!) for just a few minutes until cooked. Depends on how much patience you have and how
hangryhungry you are.
- Once cooked, top with your cooked turkey bacon & DIG IN!
- You could also scoop it out of it’s shell and put it on a piece of toast…oh yessss.
My athletes and clients are always looking for ideas for quick meals and this would be a perfect way to have the best of all different worlds as well as getting in some powerful fats & proteins. This would also be something they could eat for breakfast on their way out the door with just a spoon needed!
Keep an eye out for more egg-cellent recipes over thew next few months as this partnership continues! ;]
What’s your favorite way to enjoy eggs?
Be true to you,