Hey all! Happy Thursday! It’s a beautiful sunny morning here & I’ve got a day full of classes, clients, and training. Can’t wait! After a day like yesterday, I am still on cloud 9. If you didn’t get to see my Facebook post here’s what I posted…
The day went so smooth and the students were full of energy which carried over to myself & the faculty. To be able to bring something like this into a high school is truly amazing and I can’t wait to share the whole project with you all! Here’s a sneak peek into our day –
Shout out to Under Armour Women for providing every girl with #IWILL hair ties and headbands. The support from everyone makes these events possible so thank you!
The local news even came to cover it which will be airing in May so thank you to Janelle Hall!
I even brought along my new Vitamix S30 for the Berry Chia Jam Demo…
We put it on top of chocolate rice cakes – SO GOOD.
Speaking of Vitamix, have you entered the giveaway yet? Don’t forget you have until Sunday at midnight! Today is recipe number 4 which combines the Garlic & Herb Corn Flake Crusted Cod (in this case was chicken), brushed with the Creamy Pumpkin Seed Butter on top of a Zucchini Basil Sauce & Asparagus & Tomato Salad.
Sounds complex but my gosh it’s easy!
- 2 bunches of asparagus
- 1 pack of cherry tomatoes
- Spray or oil or choice
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 handful of chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp crushed dried rosemary
- Chop the veggies
- Spray or add your oil to the veggies and top with seasonings.
- Bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes until tender.
This goes great along side the Crusted Chicken or Fish with some simple Zucchini & Basil sauce.
- 1 Zucchini chopped & peeled
- 1 pack of fresh chopped Basil leaves
- 2 TB Yellow Miso Paste (found at whole foods)
- 2 TB of Avocado Oil (could use grapeseed or extra virgin as well)
- 1/4 cup of Water (May need more depending on thickness you’d like)
- Pepper to taste
- In a blender (I used the Vitamix S30), combine all of the ingredients using the tool to press the ingredients down to the blades.
- Blend for about 20ish seconds until a nice smooth consistency forms.
- Enjoy as is or store in fridge! Goes great on anything or as a dip as well.