Hey all! Currently flying to Boston to see my girl Heather and I can’t wait!
Any positive thoughts for a safe flight would be totally appreciated! I really enjoy flying – it’s like a total excuse to just unplug from technology for a while & reflect. Lots of magazines are in my near future! It’s crazy how currently I am at home but tonight will be a participant in Heather’s BARRE class!
I loved seeing your #plantPOWER “T” highlights from Instagram
- @brookeeking used tahini on her #powerbowl today!
- @trainlikeachamp made some beautiful looking tofu
- @watchingorion had some tea with Gogi berries
- @kristinmcm26 made some #plantbased truffles!
Speaking of Instagram, I posted this teaser earlier in the month & couldn’t wait to share this recipe!
BANANA UPSIDE DOWN LOAF
This is a sweet twist on my Quinoa & Buckwheat Bread!
I made this exact recipe with some changes;
- 1 Cup Quinoa Flour (toasted)
- or sub OAT FLOUR
- 1 Cup Buckwheat Flour
- or sub 2 scoops protein powder with an extra half cup of oat flour.
- 1 + 1/4 Cup Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup Unsweet Applesauce or 1 mashed banana
- 1 can of Chickpeas (15 oz) (drained & rinsed)
- 1 Flax Egg
- 3 TB of Warm Water Mixed with 1 TB Flax meal
- 2 TB Raw Honey (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 TB Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 TB Vanilla Extract
- Sprinkles of Cinnamon, Ginger, Nutmeg, & Cardamom
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4-1/2 tsp sea salt
- few drops of stevia
I buy a few of these ingredients from Iherb.com (coupon code XUG228 for new users!)
Directions were the same as here with a few changes;
- Added sliced banana’s to the bottom of the mini loaf pan with a sprinkle of coconut sugar
- (they will caramelize and be yummy)
- Poured them into 4 mini loaf pans (filled about 3/4 of the way)
- You could also fill them up 1/2 way and make about 6 mini loaves
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes or until cracks form!
- Flip onto a pan after cooled & see the sweet bananas!
- This is more of a dense “bread” & it made a perfect dessert or breakfast…or any time of the day.
- Of course I topped mine with some healthy chocolate sauce & had it for dessert!
Don’t forget you have a few more days to enter the GIVEAWAYS!
- Almond Breeze giveaway
- Brad’s Raw Foods giveaway
- Nutrex Spirulina giveaway
- BAMR Bands giveaway
- Julieanna Hever giveaway
- Mary’s Gone Crackers
- NRG Matrix Giveaway
- Real Food Barre Giveaway
- Shakeology Giveaway
You have until February 26 at 5:00 p.m. EST to enter ALL giveaways! GOOD LUCK!!