hey all! Anyone else in the negative degrees like we are? Last night my car temperature read -5 on my way home from watching the Bachelor with some girlfriends. And yes, it’s our guilty pleasure. Drink tea and watch the Bachelor – no better way to spend a Monday night! ;]
With it being so cold, warm foods are super appealing.
After a grocery stop at Trader Joes last week I came across their Taco Seasoning. I’m always a fan of natural seasonings without added ingredients that you can’t pronounce.
Also got some coconut milk, wild salmon, freeze dried mangoes & bananas, raw honey, carrots, taco shells, squash, bananas, dark chocolate covered cranberries (OMG so good), dried cherries, apple cider vinegar, apricots, & parsnips!
Love Trader Joes! I actually just heard that one is moving closer to my house which is probably a bad idea for my wallet but super exciting at the same time.
I was inspired by the Taco seasoning & Taco shells to create some Power Tacos for Taco Tuesday!
So simple to make & can be made with ingredients that you like. #betruetoyou
- Taco Shells of choice
- Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 lb of Ground Turkey Breast (I used all natural meat from Whole Foods)
- 1 can of beans (I used black eyed peas)
- 1 can of Diced Tomatoes
- 2 TB of minced Garlic
- 1 TB oil of choice (I used Grapeseed oil)
- Add oil & garlic to a medium heat pan.
- Add in your turkey meat (or any meat or protein of choice – could use more beans!) & your seasoning mix.
**I only used half of a packet of seasoning since I can’t handle too much spice but feel free to add as much as you’d like for your preference!
- Once the turkey is browned and cooked all of the way through, add in your can of tomatoes & beans.
- Stir & let simmer on a low heat for a good 15-20 minutes so it thickens.
- While your turkey mix heats, turn your oven to 400 degrees.
- Put your corn shells spread out on a cookie sheet & heat for about 6 minutes until crispy.
- Once everything is warmed & ready – put your taco mix into your shells & top with toppings!
- I used guac, salsa, & made some Cheesy Kale Chips for a side.