Good morning all! How’s your week going?
This morning I sweat my heart out at 6am spin class….literally, I sweat a heart.
Do you see it? I must have gotten ready in the dark this morning because half way through spin I looked down and noticed my Under Armour flow tank was on inside out- go me!
I’ve been loving the challenge of the spin class 2 days a week – the instructor is awesome & I look forward to the 5am wake up! Even if I obviously can’t dress myself that early
So remember last week when I mentioned that on Thanksgiving I made a new [Dairy Free] version of my Power Pumpkin Roll! I don’t eat 100% dairy free but I do love coconut milk so I thought I could sub it for the greek yogurt – but feel free to make it the old way if you’d like! I also redid the recipe for the pumpkin cake part as well!
- 1/2 Cup (gluten free if need be) Oats turned into flour (grind in a blender or magic bullet until fine consistency)
- 1 scoop of VEGA Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1/4 Cup Flax Meal
- 1/2 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 cup of Liquid Egg Whites (I didn’t have any eggs on hand so you could use 5 Egg Whites or 2 Whole Eggs & 2 Egg Whites)
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 TB Cinnamon
- Splash of Vanilla Extract
- 3 tsp All Spice
- Dash of Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
Coconut Milk Filling
- 1 can of Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 1/4 Cup Chia Seeds
- Splash of Vanilla Extract
- Sprinkle of All Spice (I like the flavor in my filling!)
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Sugar (or sweetener of choice!)
Directions For Coconut Chia Filling:
- Put the unopened can of coconut milk into the fridge over night. In the morning, open the can and scoop out the coconut “cream” that forms on the top.
- Add your chia seeds, vanilla, all spice, & coconut sugar to the coconut cream & mix together.
- Set in the fridge so it will “thicken” while you prepare your pumpkin roll.
Directions for Pumpkin Roll:
- Grind your Oats into Flour in a food processor or magic bullet.
- Add all dry ingredients into a bowl & mix.
- Add in your egg whites or eggs of choice, pumpkin, & vanilla & mix thoroughly.
- Once the pumpkin mix is blended together, it should be a thick batter.
- Put the batter onto a lined & sprayed cookie sheet in a long rectangle shape.
6. Bake at 375 degrees for about 14 minutes or until firm.
7. Once cooled for a few minutes, flip the pumpkin roll onto a towel dusted with some cinnamon & coconut sugar.
8. Peel back the paper carefully – Sprayed parchment paper comes off much cleaner than mine did!
9. Once parchment is rolled off, roll the towel in with the pumpkin roll until you make a nice log.
10. I secured the ends so the cinnamon/sugar mix wouldn’t spill out.
11. Let cool (outside if chilly enough) or inside until completely cool.
12. Once cooled, unroll carefully & spread the coconut chia frosting on the roll.
13. Roll back up the pumpkin roll without the towel into a nice log.
14. Cut the ends off (to eat, duh!) and serve to friends, family, & yourself immediately or store in the fridge for a few days!
**I suggest testing out your frosting before you spread it on the roll to make sure it’s sweet enough for your liking! Either add more coconut sugar or add some liquid stevia until sweet enough for you!
**Also this is more of a “dense” cake roll and not so “fluffy” like an original pumpkin roll – just FYI.
You can find most of these ingredients on iherb.com! You can get $5 off any order under $40 or $10 off any order over $40 for first time users!
**If you aren’t a first time user –make sure to make an account so you can get your OWN coupon code to share with your discount with your family & friends!
If you try the recipe out – let me know!!! It was a hit at Thanksgiving & my Nanny actually guessed the secret ingredient this year which was coconut milk!
Off to teach my Power Hour class then run some errands with mamacakes!
Have a great Thursday guys!
be true to you,
Are you a pumpkin roll fan?