Hey all & happy (snowy) Sunday! Currently loving my usual relaxing Sunday morning. I’m a few months away from making the a BIG move with Corey so I’m definitely taking in every Sunday morning with the family – which this morning includes papacakes Powercakes with VEGA French Vanilla.
We used the Bob’s Red Mills pancake mix sent to me from my friends at So Delicious for the fun 21 challenge, followed the instructions then added as scoop of vega, applesauce in place of the oil, so delicious coconut milk in place of water (with a little extra to make batter smooth) & topped with my dads infamous Balsamic Peach Compote.
You can find VEGA & Bob’s red mills on iHerb.com with $5-$10 off using code XUG228!
Ingredients for Balsamic Peach compote:
- 1 can of peaches in their own juice.
- 1/4 cup of dried cherries
- 1/4 cup of raisins
- 2 TB chia seeds
- 1/8 of a cup Balsamic vinegar
- Dash of cinnamon & nutmeg to taste
- Combine everything in a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn down to a simmer and let cook, covered, and the fruit will eventually cook down into a thicker sauce.
- This may take about 15-20 minutes until desired thickness is achieved.
- Top on anything and everything! Or eat with a spoon. (No judging)
Then….you need to do this. (Trust me)!
Layer some fresh peanut butter, almond butter, or cashew butter (or butter of choice!) in between Powercakes, top with fruit and some (optional) pure maple syrup and you will enter Powercakes tastebud heaven!
Now that my belly is full, I’ m off to relax and do some computer things to gear up for this week!
Have a great day & be true to you,