Hey all! On our way to the BEACHHHHH! Can you tell I’m pumped?
This is our first family vaca (I’m talkin’ like all 15 of us in our immediate family) going on a trip in about 6 years together. Cannot wait! I definitely got my hands on a few books for the beach & plan to relax a bit before I gear up again for a huge month of August!
While I’m road tripping with the fam – I wanted to share a recipe I made earlier this week! With berries being so abundant this time of year, I was craving a chocolate strawberry creation & this is what came about on a Sunday night…
Strawberry Chocolate Chip & Oat Cookies (made about 12-14)
- 2 Cups Of Rolled Oats Ground Into Flour
- 1 cup Of Oats (rolled, not ground)
- 1/4 Cup Flax Meal
- 1 Scoop Of VEGA Vanilla Protein Powder
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- 10 drops or so of Stevia (could sub 1/4 Honey, coconut nectar, etc.)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 Eggs (you can omit this by adding more flax or possibly a banana)
- 1.5 Cups of Milk Of Choice (It came out a medium thickness of batter so if you wanted them thicker you could use less liquid. I honestly just eye ball it!) I used So Delicious Vanilla Coconut Milk.
- 2 Big Handfuls of cut strawberries
- 1 or 2 orrrr 3 big handfuls of chocolate chips of your choice!
- Pulse your oats until they are flour.
- Add oat flour with rest of dry ingredients.
- Add in your liquid ingredients until thoroughly mixed.
- I use an ice cream scoop to scoop the batter onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 18-22 minutes.
- Let sit to firm up, cool, & ENJOY!
You can find the Liquid Stevia for $5 off for first time users at iherb.com! It’s my favorite.
Hope you guys have a great weekend & be true to you!
Fill in the blank…my favorite fruit dipped in chocolate is _________.
I would say dried apricots, raisins, bananas, or strawberries!