Happy Wednesday all! It’s day 2 of the 3 days of Giveaways this week.
If you’re into researching things online or follow anything on social media that tends to deal with health topics – OMEGA 3’s are something that is commonly talked about.
When I was introduced to SmartyPants Vitamins through SweatPink I was thrilled at the fact that I could get an extra Omega 3 boost from gummies, as well as a host of other vitamins that are super important to our daily needs. I’ve broken the facts down simply below:
WHAT ARE OMEGA 3’s AND WHY DO WE NEED THEM?
Omega 3’s are essential fats which means the body can’t make them from scratch and must get them from food or supplements, like SmartyPants Adult Complete.
DHA is a component of Omega-3 fatty acids, which are considered an essential part of healthy body and brain development in children. Along with DHA, the other two Omega-3 fatty acids are EPA and ALA.
Of these three omega fatty acids, DHA is the most abundant in the brain and retina, representing more than 90 percent of all omega-3 acids in both organs.
BENEFITS OF OMEGA 3’s
Omega-3 fatty acids are thought to provide a wide range of health benefits, including a lower risk of coronary heart disease, lower inflammation, and improvement in cholesterol.
Like I said in the last post, Corey, although a professional, is still a kid inside so the fact that I can get these nutrients in him with a chewy gummy is a huge positive!
HOW MUCH DHA IS ENOUGH?
Though there are not yet government recommendations for how much DHA is needed in a day but there are facts that show how much our diets lack Omega 3 sources.
You can learn more about it [here] on SmartyPants website!
Sources of Omega 3 DHA?
- Fatty fish, such as mackerel, salmon, krill, herring, anchovies and sardines.
- Nuts & Seeds (oh hey chia!)
- Supplements (like SmartyPants) for DHA essential fatty acids are widely available.
- It is said that ingestion of large fish such as tuna should be limited in young children due to the presence of potentially harmful environmental contaminants such as mercury.
I’m all for getting what you need from food, but there are some days when you need to fill in the gaps with Omega 3’s, just as you would with a quality protein powder for your protein needs.
Here is a look into the label so you can see how you truly get an ALL-IN-ONE bang for your buck!
My friends at SmartyPants Vitamins are offering ANOTHER giveaway for you this month! Read below to enter to win the Adult Complete gummies…which literally make getting your essential omega 3’s as easy as eating gummy candy ;] #delicious
Remember, this is a 4 month partnership of giveaways for YOU!
Last month we had a lucky winner for September, and this month we are giving away one month supply of the ADULT COMPLETE! Yup, all the way through December we will have winners everywhere.
HOW YOU CAN ENTER!
1) Leave a comment below letting us know why you’re most excited to try SmartyPants!
Optional EXTRA entries (not mandatory), please leave a comment for EACH one!
2) TWEET! (click link to tweet or copy & paste!)
3) Re-Gram the image I post about the giveaway on Instagram & let me know that you did below!
4) Re-Pin the Image I post today on Pinterest or post an image from the post & let me know that you did below!
5) Subscribe to my Powercakes blog so you don’t miss a giveaway or post!
9) Subscribe to my YouTube Channel so you don’t miss a video!
10) Check out my training programs at KaseyArena.com & if it interests you at all, let me know below if you signed up for more info! I will be sharing new info in my Newsletter if you subscribe so don’t forget to sign up! xo
This giveaway is open to US & Canada Residents and will run this Sunday, November 1st. (it’s already November!?)
Be true to you,