Hi all! Started this morning off with a 545am CrossFit WOD! It was an awesome one of push presses (which I upped my max 10 more pounds! woo!), ring dips, sit ups, & double unders!
Even after a fun filled day yesterday of yoga (with a bunch of crossfit ladies- so fun!) & a night of family time, I didn’t sleep very well – weird. I basically was awake since 4am so I was ready to go by the time my 515 alarm went off! Sometimes when I know I have somewhere to be in the morning, I almost get anxious & can’t sleep! I think I’m afraid I’ll miss my alarm. Do you ever do this?? Nothing that a little NRG MATRIX can’t fix! It really gets me going in the morning & helps to rehydrate!
Anyway, So glad you enjoyed my Quinoa Chickpea Buckwheat Bread – it is a winner in my house for sure!
Especially topped with hummus or nut butter. Yes. Please.
Also wanted to share the daily highlights from Instagram!
- @slcgirlrunning had some quinoa as a side dish!
- @kattreena_julia made @theleangreenbean breakfast quinoa!
- @nadja_mw made quinoa topped with healthy chocolate sauce & Pom seeds!
- @claire_ty made a beautiful quinoa cake! Yum!
Good job ladies!! ❤
Today is “R” day for #plantPOWER.
R is for…
My Rockin’ Aunt Rita who just turned 89 years young on Valentine’s Day!
The most perfect birthdate for one beautiful woman who I want to be like when I grow up.
My family is so blessed to have her in our lives – she still dances like she’s 20 & never stops living!
Oh, & she still rocks the red hair! People joke they wouldn't know where to sit at church every week if she ever let it go gray. Too funny & truly an inspiration.
R is also for Raw or Roasted Veggies- two ways I love them!
There are many benefits of raw veggies but every now & then I love me some sweet roasted veg!
Here are two of my favorite ways to get my veggies in.
Roasted Beets & Rainbow Root Veggies
- 1 bunch of purple beets (about 3 or 4 beets)
- 1 bunch of golden beets (about 3 or 4 beets)
- Wash & dry beets
- Use a sharp knife or a grater & remove the outer skin of the beets
- I found that using a small zester worked well!
- Cut tips off of each end
- Cut into circle slices & put onto a cookie sheet
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30-40 minutes until tender
- Beets are delicious RAW too & very healthy! Sometimes I just like a good roasted sweet veg
- You can also wash the greens from the beets & sauté in a pan with coconut oil!
- Ingredients (I just used a random amount of each!)
- Purple carrots
- Orange carrots
- Yellow carrots
- I bought the carrots in one big bundle!
- Wash & peel the carrots
- Dice into desired shape
- Put onto a cookie sheet & spray with oil of choice
- Roast at 350 for about 35-40 minutes until tender
In the wintertime especially, I love roasted root veggies. I crave the deep routed earth veggies when it’s cold out.
Feel free to eat this root veggies RAW or roasted! Either way, your body will thank you!
Don’t forget you have a few more weeks to enter the GIVEAWAYS!
- Almond Breeze giveaway
- Brad’s Raw Foods giveaway
- Nutrex Spirulina giveaway
- BAMR Bands giveaway
- Julieanna Hever giveaway
- Mary’s Gone Crackers
- NRG Matrix Giveaway
- Real Food Barre Giveaway
You have until February 26 at 5:00 p.m. EST to enter ALL giveaways! GOOD LUCK.
Also check out my girl Heather’s post today – Can’t wait to travel to see her later this week!!!
What’s your favorite roasted veggie?
Glad I just reminded myself…I’m about to go roast up some brussel sprouts for the week! YUM!