hey all! Hope you’re having a good Thursday! It’s SUPER snowy here in PA and we’ve got about a foot or more on the ground here at Corey’s. We made it to the gym & back before it got too bad to get a good back workout in.
My last set included a Power Circuit of 8 Pulls Ups (assisted machine) then doing 12 Burpees in between for 5 Rounds! Continuing on with the #BurpeeChallenge from @YourInnerStrong makes for a fun challenge each workout!
Now that we’re onto the new year, I promised you more recipes! I am very thankful to be friends with some great companies that send some of their product to review. I’m sure you’ve heard of Quest Bars – they’ve definitely swept the nation as a great option for Protein Bars.
They are made with Whey Protein Powder so for those that don’t consume dairy, these may be something you’d have to pass on. The Muffin Recipe below can be made without the addition of the quest bars if you’re looking for a gingerbread oat muffin to enjoy!
I really like the chewy-ness of the bars & how they are so versatile! They can be baked into cookies, heated in the microwave, or transformed into all types of baked goods. I tend to choose their newer flavors without Sucralose added & my favorite is probably Cinnamon Roll! Love anything cinnamon! ;]
With the Holiday’s I was (and still am) on this Gingerbread kick. I knew I wanted to make a treat to bring with me on my trip to South Carolina & the combo of Quest Bars & Gingerbread batter did the trick for a power packed muffin!
[Dairy Free & Gluten Free]
Makes 18 muffins
- 3 Quest Bars (I used Cinnamon Roll & Banana Nut Muffin)
- 1 Cup Of Oats Pulsed Into Flour
- 1 Cup Of Rolled Oats
- 1/2 Cup Flax Meal (Ground Flax)
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup So Delicious Unsweet Vanilla Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/4 Cup Molasses
- 2 Pureed Clementines (for an orange kick! Thanks Cuties!!)
– you could also use 1/2 of a large orange.
- 1 TB Cinnamon (or more if you’re a fan like I am)
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Ginger Powder
- 1 tsp All Spice (optional)*If you want the muffins more sweet I suggest adding in more molasses or a few drops of liquid stevia.
- Pulse 1 cup of rolled oats into flour with a blender or food processor.
- Next, puree the peeled orange or cuties in the food processor until blended.
- Combine the wet ingredients [egg, coconut milk, pumpkin, molasses, & clementines (or orange)].
- Add in the dry [oat flour, rolled oats, flax meal, cinnamon, baking powder, & ginger].
- Stir together until combined thoroughly.
- Use an ice cream scoop or spoon to place batter into lined muffin pans.
- Fill 3/4 of the way up with batter.
- Choose 3 quest bars & cut each into 6 strips. (you may want to heat up the quest bars in the microwave for like 10 seconds to make them more like “dough” to roll out)
- Take each quest strip & roll them into balls.
- Place the quest pieces into the center of the muffin batter.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes or until quest bars are browned on the top.
- Take out & let cool before eating.
- I kept mine in the fridge throughout the week! The quest piece may get a bit soggy as the week goes on but it still tastes great – I promise! ;]
You can find Quest Bars on iHerb.com with a $5 off coupon code XUG228 at checkout for first time users!
If you try out the muffins, let me know! I’m off to enjoy the rest of the night with Corey’s family for his brother Adam’s birthday. We’re having a Taco dinner & I’m pretty pumped.
Have a great Thursday!
BE TRUE TO YOU,
Are you a Gingerbread fan?
Even though the Holiday’s are over, I don’t think my love of gingerbread will go away any time soon – especially if the snow keeps up!
Quest Nutrition sent me these bars for review purposes but as always, opinions are my own! #betruetoyou