Goodmorning all! Hope you’re having a great weekend!
I loved being able to share a Power Packed Post yesterday for “P” day!
I mentioned that my best friend & I were hosting a POWER HOUR bootcamp – it went great!!
*These ladies rocked it & worked so hard!
*Did you know my bittie could fly? ha, she was an animal climbing those inverted monkey bars!
*Coach sarah stole the camera. #thingsshethoughtshedeleted
*My girl Jackie working those TRX mountain climbers! GREAT for the core!
*Coach Powercakes there cheering on the girls through 30 second core intervals.
*Onto the track with Coach Sarah!
She had the ladies doing body weight exercises with running laps in between.
*Coach O doing her DEEP Sumo Squats while Jackie takes off running!
*Always time to foam roll & smile after a workout!
-I would quote Jen here but some not so G rated words were flying out of her mouth since it was her first time foam rolling!
haha I told her, hurts so good, right?!
*Of course had to host a gun show & rep our BN_SHAPE tanks!
We are proud Ambassadors, ya know!
Just wanted to say those girls worked super hard & we can’t wait to have another power hour in March!
Onto some Instagram “P” Highlights…
- @gamene & her gorgeous pumpkin parsnip powerbowl!
- @lisa_lately & her parsnip mash!
- @redefine484 & her preworkout popcorn!
- @fuel_for_thought & her amazing powerbowl!
Awesome job ladies!!
My “P” was for Parents! I got to enjoy an amazing dinner last night with them & a side of red wine. YUM!
Cheers to spending time with your loved ones! #jadorelavie, right Heather?
Today for “Q” day…
I wanted to share a recipe with a new ingredient I’ve been using…QUINOA FLOUR!
Created by Kasey from http://powercakes.net
*gluten free, dairy free, nut free, plant based
- 1 Cup Quinoa Flour (toasted)
- 1 Cup Buckwheat Flour
- 1 + 1/4 Cup Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup Unsweet Applesauce
- 1 can of Chickpeas (15 oz) (drained & rinsed)
- 1 Flax Egg
- 3 TB of Warm Water Mixed with 1 TB Flax meal
- 2 TB Raw Honey (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 TB Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4-1/2 tsp sea salt
- few drops of stevia
I buy a few of these ingredients from Iherb.com (coupon code XUG228 for new users!)
- Sprinkle your 1 cup of quinoa flour on a pan & toast for a few minutes at 350 degrees.
- Keep an eye on this! I researched & found that toasting the flour prior to baking helps cut the “bitterness” that quinoa flour may have.
This bread is a perfect combo of plant based protein, clean carbs, & healthy fats!
It’s a perfect snack on the road as well!
Did you know?
- Buckwheat is not “wheat”. It is actually a seed!
- Buckwheat flour is not technically a wheat product, so many people with wheat/gluten allergies are able to use this flour.
- It is high in vitamins and minerals, containing 25 mg of calcium, 2.4 mg iron, 150 mg of magnesium and 346 mg of potassium.
- Copper, manganese, niacin and folate are other vitamins and minerals you'll get healthy amounts of when consuming buckwheat.
Read more [here]
Also, don’t forget to enter ALL giveaways until the end of the month!!
- Almond Breeze giveaway
- Brad’s Raw Foods giveaway
- Nutrex Spirulina giveaway
- BAMR Bands giveaway
- Julieanna Hever giveaway
- Mary’s Gone Crackers
- NRG MATRIX giveaway
- Real Food Barre Giveaway
Have you ever used buckwheat flour?
Don't forget to check out Heather's Q post today!