Happy Monday, friends! It’s a new start to your week – how are you doing!?
Not going to lie, yesterday I didn’t move much from the couch. I was snuggled up with the pup with football on, a candle lit, & a gloomy day outside…and I’m not complaining!
I always love a “down-time” day to recharge for a new week.
Other than relaxing on the couch — I promise that I DID actually get up to make this new recipe and it’s a winner!
I’m a huge fan of coconut macaroons … you can thank my sister-in-law for that as she makes THE BEST.
I’ve always tried to think up a powerful version of these with some added protein while being inspired by her recipe & I’m pumped to say that I think I did it thanks to my bff’s at NOW FOODS.
These were crunch on the outside & still gooey on the inside — just the way I like them!
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1.5 scoops NOW Foods Vanilla Grass-Fed Whey Protein (about 3/4 cup)
- ¼ cup NOW Foods Sugarless Sugar
- 2 TB Honey or Coconut Nectar
- 2 cups NOW Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1/4 tsp Almond Extract
- 1/4 tsp Pink Salt (dash of pink salt)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Add your egg whites, sugarless sugar, coconut nectar, almond extract, & salt into a bowl and combine until frothy with your hand mixer or whisk.
- Once frothy, add in your protein powder & mix again until combined/frothy.
- Once mixed, fold in your coconut with a spatula until combined.
- Use a ice cream scoop or spoon to easily plop 12 cookies onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes (or until slightly browned on the top & bottom)
- Let cool (they will finish cooking on the cookie sheet out of the oven & really solidify!)
These were SO delicious & an awesome lower-sugar alternative to regular macaroons while still being sweet thanks to the sugarless sugar stevia mix & the protein powder.
The almond extract takes it to a whole new level but feel free to leave that out if almond is not your thanggggg.
Side note: I do believe that whey protein is the best choice for this recipe as far as baking goes. I did try this recipe with NOW’s egg white protein (which I love in a shake or my oatmeal!) but they got very hard, like hockey pucks ;] Not going to lie.
Soooo, once I swapped to whey protein, they kept their chewiness and consistency so well.
I always go for a high quality protein and NOW Foods always has me covered!
Be true to you,
This post is sponsored by my bff’s at NOW FOODS but as always, all opinions are my own.