Happy Friday, friends! I’m coming at ya today with another Fall inspired recipe favorite with a dash of protein — I introduce you to PROTEIN PUMPKIN PIE!
I went old school with my approach that my mom always did with our “powercakes” by sneaking protein into a recipe. I took a simple (seriously so simple!) recipe of a pumpkin crustless pie and added in a hit of Vanilla Toffee flavored protein for a winning combo.
Why choose Eggland’s Best?
Each Eggland’s Best egg is packed with protein and more vitamins compared to ordinary eggs.
Eggland’s Best Eggs® have more than double the Omega 3’s than ordinary eggs. They are also an excellent source of vitamins B2, B5 and Riboflavin, plus they have five times the Vitamin D, 10 times the Vitamin E and 25 percent less saturated fat, compared to ordinary eggs. Talk about a POWERHOUSE!
How do they get their eggs to be so nutritious?
Eggland’s Best Eggs® are produced by hens that are fed an all-vegetarian diet. They are never fed animal fats, animal by-products or recycled, processed food. Eggland’s Best uses no hormones, steroids or antibiotics of any kind which is always good to know.
- 1 Can (15oz) of Pumpkin Puree
- 3 Eggland’s Best Eggs
- 2 Scoops Of Your Favorite Vanilla Protein Powder (I used a Vanilla Toffee flavor)
- 1/2 Cup of Sweetener (I used a stevia baking blend)
- 1/4 Cup Almond Milk or Milk Of Choice
- 1.5 TB (I like the flavor of fall!) Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 tsp Turmeric (optional!)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Extra few sprinkles of Cinnamon
- Dash Of Sea Salt
- Dash of fall sprinkles because sprinkles are life
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Mix your pumpkin + eggs + vanilla & almond milk together and then add your dry ingredients (protein powder, sweetener, spices, baking powder).
- Literally it’s a dump recipe that I love because you just dump everything into a bowl! So easy!
- Once combined, pour into a greased or sprayed glass pie pan & sprinkle with (optional yet fun) fall sprinkles!
- Bake for 15 min at 400 degrees and then reduce the heat to 325 and bake for another 25-30 minutes or until firm and cracks have formed.
- Let cool & top with your favorite toppings – I went with vanilla ice cream because #balance
- I choose to store mine in the fridge because I’ve had protein powders “go bad” without being refrigerated so that’s my suggestion to you!
- ENJOY this protein packed fall recipe & I swear people won’t know what is hiding in the recipe if you serve it this holiday season!
I really hope you try this out! I just gave 2 pieces to my clients to taste test so I’m hoping they enjoy it as well!
Have an awesome Thursday & be true to you,