in Kasey news:
I am OFFICIALLY A PERSONAL TRAINER!
Don’t mind the cheesy YAY pic that mamacakes snapped after I opened the envelope!
totally following in her foot steps – she’s a personal trainer as well.
I’m not going to lie;
the test was a little tough so I was a tad worried
but SO blessed to have passed!
This is step ONE in my list of GOALS that I plan on conquering!
Behind the scenes, I am working my medium-sized booty off
(used to be a tiny one until I was introduced to squats, squats, & more squats)
to live my dreams & continue to cross things off of my TO DO list in life.
My new motto in life
live YOUR life the way YOU want to!
No one can achieve your goals for you.
Sometimes you can’t control every situation;
wouldn’t that be nice??
but you sure can control the way you REACT to it.
So, keep an eye out because this NEW YEAR
will bring NEW goals & NEW accomplishments
& I cannot wait to share this with all of you!
Also, HUGE shout out to my FitFluential Family that
continues to inspire me daily to live my dreams!
Today I’m excited to share with you
Butternut Squash & Black Bean Boats
Serves about 4-5
I’ve actually made this 2 times in the past week because the fam loves it!
1 large butternut squash
2 cans/cartons black beans
1 small red onion
1 TB Minced Garlic
1 yellow, red, & orange pepper
1-2 cups chopped kale
Black pepper/sea salt to taste
onion powder & chili powder to taste or omit
avocado, tomato, salsa for topping
Romaine Lettuce Leaves
Wash butternut Squash & Cut into chunks
put onto a cookie sheet & spray with coconut oil (or other spray)
roast at 350 for 25 minutes or until tender
While squash bakes…
4. heat 1 TB of coconut oil to a deep pan over medium heat.
5. add 1 TB minced garlic & small chopped red onion
While onions are cooking…
7. Chop your peppers
8. Add peppers to your onions & cook until tender (a few minutes)
9. Drain your cans/cartons of black beans, rinse, & add to veggies.
10. Chop your kale & add to the veggie mix as well!
11. Once the squash is done, add everything into the same pan.
12. Stir to combine all ingredients – it will become thicker.
13. I added a few dashes of onion powder, chili powder, black pepper, & sea salt.
15. Fill with filling & top with chopped avocado, salsa, and tomatoes!
It’s a winner in our house!
Perfect combo of healthy fats, protein, & CLEAN CARBS!
Also, check out my girl Heather’s post today!!
What is your favorite powerDINNER?
What are some goals to cross off your TO DO list in life?