ahh, iced coffee – how I love you.
There’s something about that first realization of when it’s getting warmer outside and iced coffee is on the brain.
To me, I go simple with just some organic half/half or something almond/coconut milk & some liquid stevia.
I’ve been getting the Coffee Concentrate from Trader Joes & using that as my base. I just follow the instructions on the side and do 1 part coffee to 3 or so parts liquid. Super simple!
What goes best with iced coffee? Pancakes, duh.
I think because I missed brunch last weekend being sick – I’m making up for lost time. I got an awesome package on my doorstep the other day from my friends at So Delicious & I was instantly stocked with everything I needed.
They always go above & beyond as a company to really make you feel like part of the team. I love that their packages are filled with fun little cards, progress reports, & new info on their #140Difference Campaign.
Known as the “World’s Shortest Grant Application” where you simply tweet or post your 140 character idea for a project that will make the world a better place to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
Be sure to include#140Difference and between April 22-May 12, So Delicious will award up to $30,000 in grants of various amounts to help simple, brilliant ideas come to life!
How amazing is that? Plus they were just on the Ellen Show & it was hilarious.
Keeping on the So Delicious inspiration here, I used their coconut milk in these PB&J Powercakes.
- 3/4 Cup Oats
- 1/2 Banana (I ate the other half while waiting – real talk.)
- 2 Eggs (or 1 egg + 1 egg white)
- 2 TB Coconut Flour
- 2 TB Chia Seeds
- 3/4 Cup So Delicious Coconut Milk
- A few drops of Almond Extract
- A few drops of Vanilla Extract
- A few drops of Stevia
- Cinnamon to taste
- Blend all ingredients in a blender (I used my Vitamix S30).
- Simple as that!
- Now pour the batter into pancake shapes on a sprayed medium heat griddle or pan.
- Cook for a few minutes on one side until bubbles start to come through.
- Flip & cook on the other side!
- I also added in some frozen raspberries to my batter & topped with organic peanut butter.
For the Strawberry “Syrup”
- Blend 1 cup of chopped strawberries in a blender with a little bit of stevia and a splash of water.
- After combined, let sit for a few minutes and it will thicken up.
- This made a perfect “J” to my “PB” topped powercakes.
Above, I linked to the exact ingredients that I had on hand from iHerb.com! You can use code XUG228 for $5 off any order under $40 & $10 off any order over $40!
This month they are running a special – you will get a FREE iHerb blender bottle with your first purchase! So head to this link to place your order.
Today I’m training LEGS so those pancakes are definitely fueling me through the workout. I hope you have a great Wednesday!
Be true to you,