Hi all! Hope you’re enjoying your HUMP DAY!
I was in a meeting this morning with a possible new client & didn’t even realize it was Wednesday. We were talking about plans for this Thursday morning & I was acting like Thursday was a week away before realizing Thursday is tomorrow?! Have you ever done this? I sometimes don’t realize what day of the week it is. I know the date, what I need to get done, & my appointments, but sometimes forget the actual “day”! Whoops! Anyway, later today I have a client before my CrossFit Fundamentals class, and we are doing LEGS! I was writing up her workout & realized I had yet to post this new exercise that the boy & I did the other day.
I introduce to you…
- Strap foot into cable straps (most machines should have them included)
- Start with a lighter weight & work your way up so you get used to the movement.
- Keep foot flexed and pull straight back – contracting those glutes!
- After extension, bend knee and add in a hamstring curl.
- or, keep knee bent for the whole extension.
- Hold onto the machine for dear life in front of you for stabilization.
- Keep neck in alignment with the spine – I focused downward.
- Hold each movement at the end of contraction to really dig deep!
- Do 12-15 reps each leg
This Power Move is a great addition to your leg day & this Dessert Pom POWERBOWL
that I posted on Instagram last night is just a great addition to your day in general.
- protein powder fluff (1 scoop VEGA protein powder mixed with unsweet coconut milk until thick)
- my healthy chocolate sauce with 1 TB added chia seeds & cinnamon to make a pudding.
- A spoonful of sunflower seed butter (my obsession),
- Topped with some POM seeds.
This is what I call a #plantPOWER #DESSERT!
I rarely deprive myself of a nighttime dessert because I’m always a little hungry
around 9pm since I eat dinner around 6-630. So, I eat a snack before bed and that’s what works for me!
Some people may have issues digesting things at night but I seem to be ok – remember to BE TRUE TO YOU!
Don't deprive yourself- just find alternatives to your favorite foods!
Any good leg exercise you’ve done lately?
Do you eat “dessert”?
What’s your favorite night-time snack?