Happy Wednesday, friends! Corey & I are about to head home for a few days to visit our families and we’re super excited. Family is so important to us so any chance we get to go visit – we take it!
With that — I baked up a pumpkin inspired recipe that would be easy to take with me and I was so pumped when this recipe came out SO GOOD! Not to toot my own horn, but these might be one of my favorite pumpkin recipes I’ve created to date, just sayinggg.
I partnered up with my friends at Naked Nutrition to collaborate on a giveaway and recipe for you guys! I used their Less Naked Vanilla Whey Grass-Fed Protein for this recipe and it worked out perfectly.
A Bit About Naked Nutrition
Naked Nutrition strips away all of the marketing and gimmicks that many companies use today by selling products with only the purest ingredients.
They strive to help you meet your nutrition and fitness goals by being transparent about what they sell. That way you know exactly what’s going into your body and that’s so important.
Their proteins are loaded with essential amino acids and no artificial sweeteners or colors. Their commitment to offering the best protein powders and supplements extends to all of their products including Powdered Peanut Butter, Casein Protein, Creatine Monohydrate and more.
No additives means your body gets more of what it needs & your taste buds definitely get what they want!
I’m including a link to Naked Nutrition’s Blog where you can find an AWESOME article to do your own research on their creatine.
“Simply put, creatine is a naturally occurring substance that is produced in the body and found in many foods, including meat, eggs and fish. But why is it there? What does it do?”
By means of your bodies process, creatine plays a key role in athletic performance, as well as the health of your brain, liver and bones. As far women taking creatine — there has been tons of opinions back and forth but it all comes down to you.
There are myths out there that creatine makes you gain weight, bloat, etc. but many people who have been taking it as a way to see the benefits it creates haven’t had the negative side effects that people claim.
“Despite claims to the contrary, creatine is not a steroid. In fact, creatine is considered safe for most otherwise healthy individuals and is even used in the treatment of conditions that are associated with muscle loss and atrophy.”
I personally have never taken it before so I wanted to give it a try for myself based on research. I’ve taken it for about a week now and like the article said, there really wont be an instant “OMG I’M FOREVER CHANGED” feeling but I’m excited to see how it continues to supplement my training.
I recommend you doing your research but I feel good knowing that our bodies already produce creatine and this is just a way to supplement that. Again — I’m trying it out and will report back and as always, be true to you! :]
Let’s get to the RECIPE!
Pumpkin Spice Stuffed Protein Muffins
- 1 Cup Granulated Stevia or Sweetener of Choice
- 6 Scoops (=3 servings) of Naked Nutrition Less Naked Vanilla Whey
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 TB Pumpkin Pie Spice + 1 TB Cinnamon (I like mine extra cinnamon-y!)
- A Couple Shakes Of Salt Of Choice
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 Cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 3 Whole Eggs (don’t fear the fat people!)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Combine your dry ingredients with a whisk and then add in your wet ingredients.
- Mix until thoroughly combined & then try not to eat the whole thing of raw batter because it’s DELICIOUS….not like I know from experience or anything ;]
- Spray or line your muffin pan and then add a scoop of batter into the bottom of each muffin mold.
- Put a spoonful of Pumpkin Cream Cheese (or plain cream cheese with added cinnamon, etc) and then top that with another spoonful of batter to close.
- Bake at 375 Degrees for about 20-24 minutes or until golden brown and cracked on top.
- This recipe made about 9 Muffins for me!
- ENJOY!!! An awesome high protein and high healthy fat recipe that’s perfect for a on the go snack or add to a meal.
One lucky reader will win a $50 Gift Card to Naked Nutrition’s website! On there you will find TONS of high quality products that totally fit your lifestyle from vegan to whey to pea proteins or peanut butter powder!
Good luck & be true to you!