Happy Sunday, friends! I hope you’re having an awesome week.
My girl Alessandra and I did a LIVE Instagram Q&A the other day and got a ton of awesome questions! One of them was “What are quick & easy recipes that you go to when you don’t feel like cooking or after the gym?”
We both responded with “stories of our lives!” meaning, we are always looking for QUICK meals when we just don’t feel like cooking…especially post workout when you’re ready to eat the world.
We were saying how we both eat pretty basic — sticking to meals with a balance of the main macronutrients…proteins, fats, & carbs.
I also mentioned how it’s SO nice to make meals ahead of time so that you’re prepared to grab it out of the fridge.
I’ve been on this big Chicken Salad kick lately and decided instead of buying pints of it, to use what I have in my fridge, to show you that you can totally make simple & easy meals with what you have.
I teamed up with my friends at O Organics to chat about their delicious Air Chilled Chicken that I used for this simpler recipe.
What is Air Chilled Chicken, you might ask?
Air-chilled chickens are individually processed in cold chambers with purified air, which results in 100% mouth-watering chicken flavor.
The O Organics® and Open Nature® Air Chilled Chicken can be enjoyed in a variety of ways and I find mine right down the street at my local Shaw’s in Rhode Island!
Andddd it was on sale! BONUS!
The O Organics Air Chilled Chicken has up to 40% lower in dietary cholesterol due to a proprietary flaxseed-enriched feed (contains up to 21% less cholesterol (will vary by cut) than conventionally-fed chicken).
There are also NO antibitoics or hormones used in either brand so you can feel good about what is going into your body.
You can also find it at some of the Albertsons Companies family of stores including ACME, Star Market, Jewel-Osco, Tom Thumb or Randalls.
Visit shaws.com to find a store near you and discover more recipe ideas! ;]
Alright, let’s get to the recipe!
- Start by Poaching your O Organics Air Chilled Chicken breasts. I personally used my Instant Pot.
- Use the steaming basket in your Instant Pot & place your chicken breasts on the trivet and sprinkle with pink salt.
- Pour 1 Cup of water (or chicken broth) over the chicken.
- Set the Instant Pot to MANUAL SETTING & HIGH PRESSURE for 10 MINUTES with an INSTANT QUICK RELEASE.
- Immediately remove chicken from Instant Pot (after all of the pressure is gone!) and put onto a cutting board.
- Chop (or shred) the chicken to desired shape (I like a small bite of chicken).
- In a separate bowl (you can do this while the chicken is cooking) mix together your avocado oil, maple syrup, dijon mustard, pink salt, pepper, &garlic powder as your dressing.
- Toss the poached chicken into the bowl & mix thoroughly with chopped celery, red onion, cranberries, & toasted almonds.
- Let cool for about 45 minutes to an hour so that all the flavors can combine.
- Use this as a SUPER EASY meal throughout the week over a bed of lettuce or on your favorite bread!
- 2 O Organics Air Chilled Chicken Breasts
- 2 Stalks of Celery (chopped)
- 1/2 Small Red Onion (chopped)
- 1/3 Cup Avocado (or Olive) Oil
- 1/3 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 Cup Toasted Almonds
- 1/4 Cup Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 Cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Pink Salt
- pinch of Black Pepper
Chicken salad is a SUPER easy & convenient way to get in a an awesome balanced meal of fats, carbs, & protein with multiple flavor combos to try! You could even use greek yogurt as a base or mayo if you don’t want to use an oil/mustard combo.
If you try this out please let us know!
Enjoy your day, y’all!
Be true to you,
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of ABSCos. The opinions and text are all mine. #betruetoyou