I am so excited to be working with FitFluential & Under Armour Women throughout [this campaign]! On Monday be ready for the first challenge! Don’t forget that you can upload anything to the site to show your progress. Can’t wait to see what we all can achieve! Details on yesterdays [post] #IWILL
Today I wanted to shared a new recipe just in time for Mother’s day! I made these the other day because my mom & I were craving lemon poppy seed muffins – so I looked in our fridge/pantry & put my own powerful twist on a classic recipe! Every year my family all gathers together to celebrate this beautiful day to show our appreciation to our mothers so it looks like I’ll be baking these up again for everyone to enjoy on Sunday!
Lemon Carrot Poppy Seed Cookies
[gluten free, egg free, dairy free, nut free, plant based, loaded with power]
Makes 12-14 cookies
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1 large banana
- Zest & juice from 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup poppy seeds
- 1 + 1/2 cup buckwheat groat flour
- [buckwheat groats blended to make flour]
- You can sub flour of choice [oat flour, buckwheat flour, whole wheat flour]
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 2 TB Lucuma Powder [natural sweetness]
- or sub 3-4 TB coconut sugar or sweetener of choice
- Lucuma is an alternative sweetener that is packed with minerals and vitamins.
- Great addition to recipes, smoothies, yogurt, milkshakes, or desserts!
- 1 TB Maca Powder
- optional [makes it creamy & adds more power]
- 1/2 cup So Delicious Unsweet Vanilla Coconut Milk
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 + 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 15 drops of liquid stevia or stevia to taste
These can be enjoyed as single snack…
OR you can stack some up & pretend they are powercakes
I happen to think that pure maple syrup would be absolutely delish on these!
[preheat oven to 375 degrees]
2. Add your wet ingredients [banana, milk, vanilla, lemon juice, lemon zest] into the processor & blend until creamy.
3. Pour wet ingredients into a bowl & combine with all dry ingredients + grated carrots.
4. The batter will be thick & absorb the liquid.
5. I used a small ice cream scoop to portion out the cookies & then flattened them down with the back of the scoop!
6. Bake on parchment paper or greased cookie sheet at 375 degrees for about 12-15 minutes until lightly browned.
7. Let cool & ENJOY!
Remember you can get a discount if you use my coupon code XUG228 at http://iherb.com for first time users!
These were so delish with some nut butter spread on top or [peanut fluff]! I would bag two of them up & take them in my gym bag on to the go for a pre-workout snack!
I also wanted to give a special one year shout out to the boyfriend Corey!
I am a very lucky girl to have such a wonderful boyfriend/best friend who makes me feel like the most beautiful girl ever & supports me in everything I do. Can’t believe it’s already been one year since I had a boy in my graduation pictures out of nowhere! Some of the best things in life are unexpected. Love you!
Also, found this AWESOME article called “15 things You Should Give Up To Be Happy” & I really wanted to share this.
Do you have plans or any recipes lined up for mother’s day? I’d love to hear about them!