Hi all! So glad you enjoyed the Zucchini Power Brownie Fudge Bars! I promise you won’t regret making them.
I tell ya, I could not wait to refuel with my #PowerbowlADay last night after this WOD.
I got through 4 total rounds plus 20 burpees in 15 minutes. Talk about a cardio blaster!
You may wonder what the (1.5-1) means, which is exactly what I was wondering the first time I did a CrossFit workout with Kettlebells.
Here is the conversion;
1 pood =36 lbs; 1.5 pood = 54 lbs
So for women, it was prescribed to use a 36lb kettlebell.
Before CrossFit, I used to stick with a 20-25lb for kettlebell swings, but after working up to it & challenging myself, I am able to use the prescribed weight for the workout! I practiced with the proper form (so important) over and over again until I was able to do the movement correctly with heavier weight.
Some people think that KBS use your back to get the weight up when in reality, you are using your glutes & hips to power the movement.
You can check this demo here;
Hard work does pay off & proper form is KEY to swings!
- I suggest starting with a small weight to get proper form & then increase the weight slowly!
- Use those powerful hips
After the WOD, I refueled with this
Base of sautéed spinach with millet, black beans, sautéed brussels,
garlic, avocado, & salsa mixed with some nutritional yeast.
I love using new ingredients, such as millet, to create new #powerbowls!
A little bit about the gluten free nutritious Millet;
- Millet is alkaline and it digests easily.
- Millet will hydrate your colon to keep you from being constipated.
- Millet acts as a prebiotic feeding microflora in your inner ecosystem.
- The serotonin in millet is calming to your moods.
- Millet is a smart carb with lots of fiber and low simple sugars.
- Magnesium in millet can help reduce the effects of migraines and heart attacks.
- Niacin (vitamin B3) in millet can help lower cholesterol.
- Millet is gluten-free and non-allergenic. A great grain for sensitive individuals.
- Millet’s high protein content (15 percent) makes is a substantial addition to a vegetarian diet.
- Read more [here]. “12 benefits of Millet”
- You can cook it like a grain, but you toast it in a pan with some coconut oil before boiling it –key to the “nutty” flavor!
I ordered my millet on www.iherb.com & also received a new order this morning!
✔VEGA sport performance protein
- no added sugar- just peanuts!
- I use to make peanut fluff by adding 1/4 cup peanut flour with about 1/4-1/2 cup water, few drops of liquid stevia, and sea salt
- Oh, and it has 16g of protein in 1/4 cup & 110 cals for a serving.
✔ Nuttzo nut butter to try for the first time!
✔Peanut Butter Co. cinnamon raisin peanut butter – this stuff is so amazing.
✔ Stevita liquid stevia
✔ Tom’s cinnamon tooth paste
- This stuff is so good.
- It’s a cocoa powder/beet powder blend that I use for my healthy chocolate sauce.
- I also make a hot cocoa with a scoop of it with some stevia and nut milk!
This website is my favorite and the shipping is super fast!
For FIRST TIME users you can enter my code XUG228 for $10 off any order over $40 and $5 off any order under $40!
I wanted to leave you today with a homework assignment –
Heather & I are conducting a survey for a future project so please fill in the blank below.
Be honest, be you, be truthful to how this statement makes you feel.
I posted it to facebook last night & got a ton of responses from a lot of you.
Feel free to be anonymous but don’t worry – no judgment here on this blog! #beTRUEtoYOU
Enjoy your day!