good morning everyone! How was your weekend? Unfortunately I’m a bit under the weather…I think I jinxed myself whenever I knocked on wood recently and said, “I hardly get sick”. Fact is, it’s true! I really don’t get sick often (thank goodness) but when I woke up yesterday morning I had that scratchy throat that won’t go away and I thought – please nooooo. I got up to get ready for my presentation and felt better throughout the day….I had a great time presenting & talking with the SRU Triathlon Club about “Fueling Your Athletics” …
Part of the presentation was a cooking demo where I taught everyone how to make Chia Jam! We used Cuties Clementines to make a Honey Clementine Chia Jam!
- 3 Cuties
- 2 TB Honey (I used Raw Honey)
- 1/4 Cup Chia Seeds
- Blend all ingredients together & let sit (or do a Q & A) while the chia jam gels.
- We served it with crackers & chatted for a while! Loved this group – so fun to hang out with!
After the morning – it was time to grab lunch with my girl Jen! We went to our favorite place – The Brewery!
Salmon Salad over feta, veggies, capers, & the best Balsamic Dressing – everrrrrrr.
Then I was extra spoiled when Jen made me some Homemade hummus to take on the road! She is the best.
She even made homemade Tahini to make the hummus! We both couldn’t resist to instantly dig in with some peppers. Yum, thank you Jen!!
So after I came back after lunch, I took a nap…woke up almost 3 hours later feeling 10 times worse than that morning. Merp! But hey, we can’t always control when colds come on so I’m taking it easy and listening to my body for sure.
It’s funny, for dinner last night all I wanted & craved was fats … I piled on some baked kale, cooked peas (cause I love them a lot), dippy egg, olives, baba ghannouj, & some of the Curry Hummus that Jen made me. I cuddled up & watched the 2013 CrossFit games on ESPN & drank tea like it was my job.
Taking it easy means extra time to share a recipe that I’ve been meaning to share! A week or so ago, the boy & I had a dinner date night and I whipped up a new fish recipe. I was inspired by a new product I’ve been wanting to try out – Quinoa Polenta! I see it often in the store & papacakes loves polenta – but I had yet to try Quinoa Polenta!
It’s basically organic corn meal & quinoa with some spices that you can cut into discs, heat, & enjoy. Which is exactly what we did with some coconut oil in a medium heat pan.
Cook on each side for 6-8 minutes until nice & crispy! Delicious. While those cooked, I made some Honey Mustard Sauce.
Honey Mustard Sauce:
- 3 TB Dijon Mustard or Grey Poupon
- 2 TB Honey or more to taste
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (may need to whisk in more for thinner sauce)
- Fresh Cracked Pepper To Taste
- Mix all ingredients together & let sit until ready to eat! That simple.
- Fresh Wild Mahi Mahi (Or defrosted Frozen) in a medium heat pan with 2 TB or so coconut oil, minced garlic, & a little bit of mustard – heat on both sides for a few minutes until cooked through.
- Add your pick of roasted veggies (350 degrees for about 35 minutes on a cookie sheet with oil & sea salt & pepper) to the bottom of the plate, then top with fish, Honey Mustard Sauce, & A side of Quinoa Polenta and you’re in for a party in your mouth.
- We paired a white wine with this dish – went really well together!
- Get your veggies cut & put onto a pan.
- Throw into the oven & let cook.
- Get your Fish & Polenta going in the pans on the stove.
- While you’ve got the veggies in the oven, fish & polenta in pans, make the mustard sauce.
- Then once it’s all done – plate it up & eat!