Happy Wednesday all! I am SO excited for today!
With the help of a few local teachers, we are bringing some Positive Self Body Image to a group of local High School girls today with a #BeTrueToYou & #BODYpeace Workshop! It is an “in school field trip” filled with a be true to you presentation & writing workshop, a power workout, & finishing with a cooking demo & college dorm room recipes & tips!
Excited to be starting this #BODYpeaceMovement that Heather & I are so passionate about with high school students. If only Heather & I lived in the same state, right? No matter the distance though, our goal is to make a difference & help others so big things are happening – let’s get after it!
While I’m out & about – I’ve got a new recipe on tap for you!
It’s funny how all of my recipes have carried right into then next one. With the new Vitamix – new creations are flying through my head. It’s also been fun to create new recipes since my friends from McCormick Spices sent me a plethora of spices to play with!
Whether you’re currently not eating meat on Friday’s or not, hopefully these recipes will entice your taste buds.
Ahh a foodies spice dream! Garlic powder, dried mustard, thyme, Lemon Herb Perfect Pinch, Smoked Paprika (SO GOOD), cumin, Perfect Pinch Cajun, Dried Rosemary (another favorite), Perfect Pinch Salt Free Garlic & Herb, & Perfect Pinch Salt Free Southwest style!
Last week for Papacakes’ birthday, we wanted something quick & easy – and something that utilized the new spices! We all came to an agreement that we were craving a crunchy corn flake crusted cod once we realized I had a big box of corn flakes in the pantry!
Did you know that corn flakes make a great crispy crust? Especially when you add in some spices & (optional) parm cheese!
- 4 Pieces of Wild Cod (you can find at most grocery stores or Whole Foods)
- 3 Cups (may need more) of Organic Corn Flakes (found at Whole Foods)
- 1/4 Cup Parm Cheese (optional)
- 1 TB McCormick Garlic & Herb Perfect Pinch Seasoning
- 1/4 Cup (may need more) of my Creamy Pumpkin Seed Butter from yesterday
- 1/4 Cup (may need more) Dijon Mustard
- Pulse corn flakes, parm cheese, & dry seasonings in a blender, I used the Vitamix S30 on the 1 setting until a breadcrumb consistency.
- Make 3 different stations to coat your fish.
- Once fish is coated on both sides, place onto a sprayed parchment paper lined cookie sheet to bake.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes.
- Check to see if the fish is cooked through – if you’d like the breading more crispy, broil the top of the fish and keep an eye on it until the breading is crispy!
Here is a lay out of the Stations to Coat Your Fish or Protein of choice:
Station 1 – Lay fish on a plate.
Station 2 – Use a dish to place your pumpkin seed butter on & a brush to coat your fish. (Could also use hands)
Station 3 – Use a dish to to put mustard on & a brush or your hand to coat the fish.
Station 4 – A bowl filled with the corn flake mixture to bread the coated fish on both sides.
It may seem like a lot of steps but it truly is simple & the pumpkin seed butter adds a perfect creamy outer layer to keep the moisture in! This coating also goes great on chicken with a NEW recipe coming up tomorrow that includes basil and is SAUCY!
Oh, and the above asparagus/tomato mix is a perfect side dish that is also coming up on the blog tomorrow as well!
How To Enter the McCormick Seasoning Mix Giveaway:
- Leave a comment below letting us know what spice you’d most like to try!
Optional Extra Entries: (separate comment for EACH entry please!)
- Tweet about the giveaway, “I am entering to win the McCormick @Spices4Health giveaway via @Powercakes at http://powercakes.net/fishfridaygiveaway #FishFriday #Spices4Health”
- Follow @Spices4Health on twitter
- Follow @Powercakes on Twitter
- “Like” McCormick Spices on Facebook
- “Like” Powercakes on Facebook
- Re-Pin my Pinterest Image from today
- Re-Post my Instagram Image from today @Powercakes
- Follow @McCormickSpice on Instagram
Open to US Residents only & giveaway will run until Monday, April 21st at midnight.
GOOD LUCK, thank you McCormick Spices, & be true to you!
Don’t forget to enter the Vitamix S30 GIveaway [here]!