Especially hemp protein.
Because today we have a recipe that we are calling our superfood chocolate brownie bars – guess what they are made from… hemp protein. A super food plant based protein powder that we love.
These brownie bars are also filled with some other favorite superfoods (as we like to call them) like coconut oil, chia seeds, and cacao (raw chocolate powder).
If we could live off those three ingredients that would be perfect!
Now onto these superfood brownie bars! They are vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and grain-free! And promise full of great texture from the chia seeds and a nice chocolaty flavor from the cacao. Full of protein and fiber. A true superfood brownie right there 😉
These brownies are #plantpower friendly too!
Purelytwins recipe: superfood chocolate brownie bars
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 6 tbsp hemp protein powder
- 1/3 cup cacao powder (or could use cocoa powder, we just love cacao)
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup applesauce or pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, liquid
- 1/4 cup warm water
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all dry ingredients (coconut flour, hemp protein, chia seeds, cacao powder, coconut sugar, baking soda and baking powder) into a bowl. Whisk together.
- Next add in your vanilla extract, applesauce and coconut oil. Stir.
- End with adding in your warm water and continue to stir.
- Pour brownie batter into a 8 inch coconut oil greased pan or muffin pan would work too. We used a 8 inch pan for these brownies (if you have a 7 in pan that would work too, to make a thicker brownie, as these brownies are thin).
- Bake for about 30 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting or removing from pan. Store in refrigerator.
Hope you enjoy our superfood brownie bars. We like these brownie bars chilled and love the texture the chia seeds provide them. And feel these would be a great base for a brownie sundae or topped with avocado ice cream for more #plantpower dessert.
They are a perfect tasty healthy treat to share with loved ones that is packed with superfoods
Thanks again for letting us share a recipe with you today! If you are looking for more yummy eats and want to follow along our journey to heal our gut, please stop by our blog and say hi!
We are so honored that Kasey and Heather asked us to be apart of their #plantPower challenge again!! Thanks girls!
Lori and Michelle,
blog – purelytwins
twitter – purelytwins
pinterest – purelytwins
youtube – pure2rawtwins
Thank you ladies!!
What is your “D” plant power food today?