Hey all! Hope you’re having a great week. It’s been a busy one over here with camp happening – I’ve been a sports camp coach for the last 4 summers! Each week I am so tuckered out by 9pm – that’s what running around all day with kids in the sunshine will do to you! Instead of falling asleep early last night, we celebrated my brother Philip’s birthday at the bucco’s game!
From left to right:
Toni (Angie’s sister), Donny (Angie’s brother), Me,
my brother Philip, & my sister-in-law Angie!
We also had a bunch of family & friends with us!
The rain held off (thank goodness!) & we were able to enjoy the warm night at the baseball game!
To continue my WEEK OF RECIPES – I wanted to share with you a new version of one of my favorite recipes!
This recipe would also be great for a tailgate & if I had more time this week I would’ve totally made them for the game last night!
I made my new version of Carrot Cake Date Balls (with added coconut flour) & instead of forming into ball shapes, I pressed the dough into the bottom of a foil pan.
I then made a coconut frosting to put on top.
Tip: The coconut “frosting” is 1 can of unsweetened coconut milk put into the fridge the night before.
You can find coconut milk on iherb.com (coupon code XUG228) or in most grocery stores!
- Once you open the can, scrape out the top of the can (which is thick coconut).
- Then mix the coconut with some vanilla extract (about 1 tsp), sprinkle of cinnamon, & a few drops of liquid stevia.
- Topped the coconut frosting with unsweetened coconut flakes.
- Let the bars sit in the fridge for at least an hour (I made them the night before).
- Cut bars into 16 squares & ENJOY!
These were delicious for dessert but could definitely be enjoyed any time of the day.
If you try these out – I hope you enjoy!