Good morning all! Hope you’re enjoying your Tuesday! In high school, my friends & I always called Tuesday’s “Tired Tuesdays” because we seemed to be more tired on Tuesday's than Mondays! If you think about it, Monday’s are the beginning of the week, Tuesday's are just there, Wednesday you’re half way through the week, Thursday you’re almost at Friday, & Friday is FRIDAY!
But, today I am not so tired because I started my morning off with an awesome workout early because have a busy day ahead of me! I am heading out soon to a meeting with a local gym because I am setting up a table at their Membership Appreciation day next week and then I am starting with a new personal training client! Anyway, you all may know that I’ve started CrossFit – but the fundamentals course doesn’t begin until next Monday…therefore, I am doing my own WODS on my own while getting inspired by their daily posts on the site! I’m working on the functional movement lifts along with my body weight exercises as well & slowly getting away from the “bicep/tricep, back/bicep” days. Although, I plan on keeping those a part of my life but lately I’m loving the change! It’s always good to keep our bodies guessing!
Please excuse my chicken scratch & my TO DO list in the top right corner (I had to stop at target and the post office)
I actually ended up modify this work out in the middle of it…
because “20” of an exercise doesn’t seem so hard until you’re actually doing it.
It looked more like this…
20, 20, 15 & then I kept the 10’s the same throughout!
If you are unsure of these exercises, search You Tube! That’s what I do!
I finished the workout in 23:50 and I was a sweatyyyy mess.
I then refueled with my VEGA shake,
while representing with my BN SHAPE bracelet (more info on them coming soon!),
& loving my custom REEBOK CrossFit Nano’s.
Of course my morning wouldn’t be complete without a pose down selfie pic sesh in the newly remodeled bathroom.
Got into my car & headed home cross things off of my to do list!
Fact is, there are a lot of things going on over here! Which isn’t a bad thing!
right now I am…
1) Starting with 2 new clients.
(which includes workout calendars, programming, menu planning, & training sessions)
2) Continuing to pursue my business.
(lots of organizing, networking, planning, phone calls, e-mails & more)
3) Getting ready for the #plantPOWER February challenge with my girl Heather!
While continuing to do my daily blog & social media to do’s!
Now, I could let all of these positive things stress me out but in all honesty….
This simple statement that I saw on Instagram is so true yet so hard to do sometimes. Trust me, there are days where I’d could sit and think about my epic to-do lists, but in the end, I choose to take a deep breath & be happy about the positive things.
1) I have am thankful to have clients because they have chosen to work with me to help them achieve a healthier lifestyle – how cool is that?!
2) I’m pursuing my business at age 23 and some may think that’s crazy, but I see it as no better time than NOW to do this. It’s in my gut…my healthy gut now that I’ve been thriving forward. I have total faith in what I am doing and I know you may be like, “wow, she’s really dragging this thing out” well, I’ve decided that instead of just diving into this I wanted to take things step by step and do it the correct way! There will be mistakes along the way, but I know that if I take my time now with the proper details, I will be better off down the road in my business! I wish you could feel my excitement about the day I can finally reveal what I am doing!!
3) Organizing #plantPOWER is a lot of work – you can ask my girl Heather- but we are SO passionate about helping others as well as introducing awesome small and large business’s that share the #plantPOWER love!!
See, you can truly make a positive out of any stress- even if it’s a good stress!
Speaking of my girl Heather, check out her AMAZING May Cause Miracle book club!
Here are the details from Heather herself,
“What are your goals for the year? Are you feeling a little stuck and aren’t sure where to start? My beautiful teacher, Gabrielle Bernstein, has got you covered! She launches her new fabulous book, May Cause Miracles, today! Pick up a copy. It WILL change your life. I promise.
I believe in this book so much that I decided to start a May Cause Miracles book club right here in Rhode Island and on the blog!
For all of my local readers, you gotta hop on this love train! Starting on Monday, January 14, at 7:00 p.m., we will meet every week for one hour at Wildflour Vegan Bakery & Cafe in Pawtucket, RI. We’ll kick off our work weeks with a bang and discuss one chapter of the book each week. We’ve got a great group of spirit junkies signed up and we’d love to have you. If you are interested in attending the weekly meet-ups, email me at heather[at]fortheloveofkale[dot]com and I’ll get you all the information you need!
If you’re not a local reader, don’t worry! Every Tuesday, here on the blog, we will host a weekly chapter discussion based on the notes, topics, and stories the live group discussed the previous evening. That way, you won’t miss out on anything. This is for all of us, babes! If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, email me!”
Heather is an amazing person & is constantly reminding me how to let myself “get out of my own way” and truly find love in things everyday.
I am so blessed to have her in my life and I know you will be thankful if you let her into yours with this awesome book club discussion every Tuesday!
Do you write your own work outs up?
Are you ever inspired by other WODs you see?
Do you let stress get you down or do you turn it into a positive?
I’d love to hear your stories!!