Good morning everyone! Hope you had a great weekend & had a chance to do some random acts of kindness. It’ a SNOWY one here – a least 6 or so inches we’ve accumulated over night! I do love the coziness of the snow fall, especially on a Sunday morning.
You know what else goes perfect with a Sunday morning?? POWERCAKES!
BAKED APPLE POWERCAKES
serves 1 … or 2 if you are in the sharing mood
- 1 Apple (I used honey crisp)
- 1/2 Cup of Rolled Oats (pulsed into flour)
- 2 TB Flax
- 1/2 Scoop of VEGA Vanilla Protein Powder (or protein of choice- Coupon Code XUG228 at iherb.com for $10 off for first time users!)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp Cinnamon (I probably used more – I LOVE cinnamon)
- 3/4 Cup Liquid Egg Whites
- (or 1 egg + 2 whites) I just happen to have liquid egg whites on hand!
- You could also sub an egg replacer -just combine the above 2 TB flax meal with 6 TB water and let thicken for a few minutes before adding to the batter.
- 1/4 cup unsweet SO Delicious Vanilla Coconut Milk
- Few Drops of Liquid Stevia
- Core your apple & cut into slices. It may have been more pretty if I had an apple corer – but I did my best with a small knife!
- Pulse your rolled oats in a blender or processor to make a flour.
- Add all wet ingredients into a bowl & mix together.
- Add in your dry ingredients & combine.
- If the batter is a little too thick – you can thin it out a bit with some milk. You don’t want it too thick but not too runny either – just like Goldilocks, you want it just right!
- Dip each apple slice into the batter & place into a sprayed medium heat pan on the stove.
- Once all of your apples have been dipped – pour the remaining batter over the apples in the pan & allow to cook for about 5 minutes so the apples will soften.
- Once you’ve flipped the powercakes – let the other side cook for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the pan & ENJOY!