Hellooooo friends & happy Thursday! I hope you’re having a great week!
I know it’s been a hot minute since I’ve been in the blogging world but for good reason! I recently spent a week with my family in the Carolina’s and now am gearing up for my Summer Strength & Conditioning camps in Rhode Island that start next week! My favorite time of the year.
With that, my mornings have been quick & effective meals that I try to get all of my macro categories covered – carbs, fats, & protein – so I’m fueled for the day ahead (and usually it’s post-workout as I’m a morning person!)
I’ve been loving the combo of anything cherries & chocolate lately and thanks to my friends at Designer Protein, I’ve been getting my chocolate with a side of protein as well ;]
This was my first time trying out Designer Protein’s plant based organic protein and it was SO good! It blended well, was super creamy, has 30g of protein per scoop, & had a great taste for my Cherry Chocolate PROATS (protein oatmeal!).
Cherry Chocolate PROATS
- 1 Serving of Oats
- 1 Serving of Chia Seeds
- 1 Serving of Unsweet Almond Milk
- 1 Serving of Frozen Cherry Mixed Fruit
- 1 Serving of Designer Protein Organic Pro 30 Chocolate
- 1 Servings (or more!) of Lily’s Stevia Chocolate Chips
- Cook up your oats with almond milk & chia seeds for about 2 minutes in the microwave or stove top.
- Mix your Designer Protein with almond milk to create a “pudding” by adding small amounts of liquid and stirring until thick and then put that on top of your oats.
- Defrost your cherry blend or add to microwave for 1 minute to heat up and then add them on top of your pudding mix.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips & enjoy
If you’re not aware of you Ben is, he was a finalist on The Bachelorette and is also a well-known and respected Trainer who teamed up with Designer Protein to host a challenge for the month of June called #AthleteInside.
This is a challenge that is focused less on dropping pounds, and more on teaching you how to harness your inner athlete through fitness and nutrition to achieve whatever your goals are.
Each week they post 1 video and 4 workouts + a nutrition-focused blog (each week will tackle a new theme) and recipe suggestions.
How You Can Get Involved & WIN Prizes!
Participants who share their experiences trying out the workouts and nutrition recommendations by using #AthelteInside and tagging @DesignerProtein, @Zorn_Fitness, & @Vitaminshoppe will be entered to win prizes.
- Grand prize is a prize pack valued at $1200: 1 $100 gift card to The Vitamin Shoppe, custom fitness/nutrition plan from Zorn Fitness (valued at $900) and a 6-month supply of Designer Protein products (valued at $250).
- 10 mini-winners: 1 $50 gift card to The Vitamin Shoppe, + 3-month supply of Designer Protein (valued at $150).
They are only on WEEK 2 of the challenge so you can still jump in & it’s totally FREE to participate! Just head to DesignerProtein.com/athlete-inside to learn more!
Be true to you,